If you're Matt Brown...

He can win this fight. He's gotta make Lawler respect his power and keep pouring on the pressure and keep Lawler moving backwards.

...what would be your game plan against Robbie Lawler?

I think he should really pressure him for the takedown early on in the first 2 or 3 rounds. Even if he doesn't get the takedowns, it will at least get Robbie a bit tired and possibly make him tentative in the striking department. Then in the 4th and 5th rounds (Someone correct me if this isn't a 5 rounder), he should fight the way he normally does, keeping the pressure on him which a barrage of strikes and possibly try to get the finish in the round 4 or 5.
Yes, go back to his roots and wrestle Lawler for 2 rounds. Roger!

This, lets see if it will work or not against an opponent of this level

79ebab1e_magic8ball-hell-no.jpeg

I love Lawler, but he's far from invincible. Matt Brown could very well beat him if he just keeps up the pressure and perhaps induces Lawler to take a round or two off like Hendricks was able to.

i think brown has a speed and cardio advantage in this fight, so if he can pressure early and avoid being on the wrong end of some heavy punches i think he can win this.

He should move that head and use angles as he comes forward.

Clinch and elbow. He's not going to KO Lawler, but if he cuts him badly he could get the fight stopped.

Call me crazy but i think Brown style matches up rly well with Lawler.

We all know what Brown is going to do... and we all know whats going to happen round one.

I mean if Brown actually TKO'd Lawler with that style of his he's like the mma GOAT (slight exaggeration there...) but it's not going to happen.

Of all the guys to give Brown they give him #2 Lawler who is stylistically a fuckin nightmare. Oh well. At least Robbie is active enough where taking this fight isn't wasting much time.

I think he has a much better chance against Lawler than Lombard.

I'd try to pressure Lawler and put him up against the cage.

High fives and smiles I'm the centre of the cage.

Lol imagine if this turned into Howard vs Hall.

His game plan should be what it always is but if I was his camp I'd try to strengthen up his core as much as possible and prepare him for the worst as far as the shots he's most definitely going to face from Lawler and work on getting past it

He should press Robbie and hit him in the face. Robbie hasn't been backed up too much lately and Brown has the balls to make it happen. It would certainly help him avoid him that left leg.

Lotta people seem to be mistaking aggression for a lack of technique.....
On the feet this is pretty even
Both have power
Both have different weapons(lawlers kicks/brownselbows)
Both have solid chins
Grappling is HIGHLY unlikely to be much of a factor....
Both seem pretty motivated
Lawler has an exp advantage
Browns pace is haaard to keep up with

Really no reason for brown to change gameplan...he likes to stand...has the ability...and won't have to worry about defending td's
I've got no clue who wins
Really can't see any other outcome other than FOTN

**If brown wins its gonna be hilarious seeing how many ppl here flipflop and make threads talking about how great he is(when a month earlier he needed to "pray" "buy life insurance" etc,etc) and how lawler was always overrated(even tho a month earlier he was "the real champ" and a beast,etc,etc)

Back