If you're Matt Brown...

DLX

thpinal
@Silver
Reaction score
...what would be your game plan against Robbie Lawler?

I think he should really pressure him for the takedown early on in the first 2 or 3 rounds. Even if he doesn't get the takedowns, it will at least get Robbie a bit tired and possibly make him tentative in the striking department. Then in the 4th and 5th rounds (Someone correct me if this isn't a 5 rounder), he should fight the way he normally does, keeping the pressure on him which a barrage of strikes and possibly try to get the finish in the round 4 or 5.

Do what he does best. Press forward, be first, go big or go home.

tell cecil peoples to fuck off, this ain't going to decision.
punch lawler in the face.
win.
call out Michael bisping.

Go all in like he does every single fight

You want Brown to attempt to lay n prey?

You should be banned.

Brown should do what he does best and give the fans an entertaining fight to watch.

cover my body with pads and let it all out in round 1

I think he needs to hit and not get hit early be first and take lawler down.. wear him down! brown has the better ground game all around I think hes going to try and finish him tko or submission..

I think Brown is going to work a complex gameplan of point fighting on the feet mixed with strategic takedowns at opportunities that present themselves in order to win the nod from the judging staff.

Just kidding, just let him bang bros!

Brown actually has pretty good trips. But he has to go for them off tie ups and the clinch where he usually works best anyhow. It'll be tough against Lawler though, he usually relies on being able to rush guys to get there.

browns style has taken him this far, why change? This is close to a toss up fight for me. This is standing up the whole way and the way both these beasts throw, anything can happen. Excellent matchup. Lawler SD.

matt brown just needs to do what he's done that got him to this point. i really like both guys a lot. both have exceeded any expectations the UFC had for them. no matter what happens, one of these guys is getting a title shot.

this is what brown has been asking for. i think lawler is too technical, but brown has found a way to impose his will. i hope this is an all out war that makes both guys look good.

if brown goes in right off the bat for takedowns like the thread started suggests. it will be an early night for him. lawler will sprawl and pound brown out. if koscheck, rory and hendricks can't use that strategy, neither can brown.

i think lawler is on another planet right now and he's destined to get that belt around his waist. what he did to ellenberger was unreal. both are savages, but lawler is primed.

i can see brown winning by submission if he's able to lock something in during a clinch, besides that, i see lawler controlling the fight with his technical ability and power.

Back