If you're Conor McGregor...

Jozo Sha

#FuckCancer Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
...what is your strategy for getting inside the reach of Nate Diaz? Tyson would bob & weave and get inside to land his thunderous left hooks -- I've never really seen Conor bob & weave as part of his arsenal.

Is it by utilizing footwork and angles to avoid Nate's strikes then step inside for counters? Do you go on the offensive and not counter but be first? I genuinely would like to hear your strategy if you were Conor.

Stockton slap diaz and scream i own 209, Im the mayor of stockton.....element of surprise

Angles / movement.

Using kicks to set up hands, as until recently, neither Diaz bro had ever checked or blocked a single kick.

Well Nate blocked one with his temple, but that doesn't count.

...what is your strategy for getting inside the reach of Nate Diaz? Tyson would bob & weave and get inside to land his thunderous left hooks -- I've never really seen Conor bob & weave as part of his arsenal.

Is it by utilizing footwork and angles to avoid Nate's strikes then step inside for counters? Do you go on the offensive and not counter but be first? I genuinely would like to hear your strategy if you were Conor.
Eyepokes mixed in with feints and shots to the groin (Joe Son Style). Right before the end of the round as Nate is looking to the ref for his mouthpiece... hit Nate with a flying knee.
Then jump on top of said octagon and celebrate.

Leg kick, side to side and in and out movement, body and head kicks he has many options. I am not the biggest Conor can but you can deny he needs no advise when it comes to fighting on his feet.

I dont think it will be much of an issue. Conor fights super long as it is.

He gon' set traps, friend. He should be faster by a bit.

This will be the first fight Conor doesn't have a huge size and reach advantage gonna be very interesting to see how he deals with it IMO he gets outboxed and Stockton slapped back to Ireland

wide range of strikes
spinning shit etc
get him used to thinking one thing is coming
hit him with the unexpected
be creative

he doesn' t want to 'box' with Diaz

i think he'll use kicks early to nate's soft and fajita-esque body. Slow him down and setup his left hand finish.

The same way everyone else gets in on Diaz. Move around in the outside.. Throw kicks to frustrate Diaz.. And land punches when Diaz is overextended.

I was watching Diaz fight Jim Miller yesterday and Diaz kept ducking down low everytime Miller would rush in. I just think it leaves him open for a hook Behring the ear from Conor.

I would love for Diaz to win this fight. He has to be in Conor's face and put him against the cage, use his size, and dirty box Conor. That's much harder to do than what Conor has to do to win.

He's gonna hit that lead stepping uppercut at will

I dont think it will be much of an issue. Conor fights super long as it is.

That's a huge problem. Nate is taller and rangier than Conor. Within that context, for Conor to fight that game against Nate would not be the best strategy.

He has many options. Some of the options we've seen him use in the past against opponents with longer reach (pre-UFC) and ones that were backing up constantly was to set the pace, forward pressure and enter with his lead uppercut which he usually follows with a left cross to finish the combination off of an outside angle. He did this to Holloway and others. Another entry he likes to use is the switch kick to the body to get in. He'll use his lead hand game to trap Nate's lead hand to smother the jab like he usually does and that alone will cut off Nate's longest weapon (since Nate doesn't really kick). He could jab or feint his way in or use his in and out movement to blitz in, stutter step, slip and pivot in, hop step forward on an angle and attack, utilize misdirection to bypass the reach advantage and attack off of that, etc.

Conor is going to have a massive speed advantage on Saturday and his striking arsenal is massive. Couple those things with his movement and angles and you arrive at the answer.

He will kick Nate aginst the fence and than he wil make few combos before finishing him with the touch of death

Back