If you're 17, do you have to register for teen at NAGA?

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by lionsden2009, Sep 15, 2010.

1. lionsden2009

lionsden2009 Orange Belt

Theres a tournament coming to PG County on the 25th in Maryland, and I'm going to register online either tonight or tomorow. I've done 2 years of muay thai, but about 4 months of bjj with no wrestling expierience. people at my gym think i'd do pretty good so i'm gonna give it a shot at novice

but yeah, my question is, im 17, do i have to register for teen? or can i do adult if i choose to? thank you

2. Varth

Varth Green Belt

I've always done teen as all the tournaments I participate but this last week I had to do adult because I become 18 this year. Do adult, it's more of a challenge and you will learn more.

3. BatBoyJG

BatBoyJG Brown Belt

You can do whichever division you want. I often do the mens advanced, and blue belt divisions at 17

4. lionsden2009

lionsden2009 Orange Belt

i doubt im anywhere near your level lol. but yea id rather do the adult for the competition, and i doubt theres too many people under 18 doing grappling tourney's with no wrestling expierience and under 6 months expierence