If your partner were disabled in car accident, would you still stay with her/him?

Maybe I'm remembering the scene wrong but I thought that guy was the same as most posters in this thread. In the beginning he stood with his wife and took care of her. It's only after years and years that he started to feel regret and wondered if he should have moved on long ago.

In this scenario, it's not a one time decision. You're making the decision of staying vs leaving almost everyday for pretty much the rest of your or her life.
Great point. It's a decision that you have to keep making. I like to think that I could never turn my back on her though. I imagine that a lot of people feel that way. Turning your back like that is a decision that once you make it, you can't undo it. It requires a pivotal moment.

There are no accidents, there are actions with unintended consequences. Collisions occur because one or both drivers do something wrong.
What about mechanical failures?

"In sickness and in health. Till death do we part."

If you're married, you said these words to dedicate yourself to your spouse. Now if you both drift apart and agree to split, that's on both of you. But if you're in a loving relationship and she/her is tragically injured beyond what you would consider 'sexy' and would consider leaving, even though she loves and depends on you more than ever...

...ask yourself if you could look at yourself in the mirror every morning. Or whoever you leave your spouse for could truly love and respect you.

Karma is a bitch, boys.

There are no accidents, there are actions with unintended consequences. Collisions occur because one or both drivers do something wrong.

Na ..., one driver may be drunk or something.

If she gets a huge law suite, for sure. The.n take out a life insurance policy on her and wait til th end.

There is a scenario here not being discussed.

What if you move on romantically but you are still there to support the help take care of your disabled ex? Say her parents take her in and you visit and tend to her on a fairly regular basis while helping financially.

All I know is I wouldn't leave my wife when she needed me the most. Not 10-years ago not now.
I hope one day I get a girl who thinks the same way as you do man, not a lot of people like that nowadays

This thread has shown how decent ppl are. It would be horrible for your OH but at the end of the day, you stick by your wife for life.

If not, you would be scum

Would probably stay with. At least I hope I would be so honorable. But more than that, I hope I never have to find out.

Yah, I loves her too much to bail.

Hard to say unless you were in the situation, but I'd like to think I'd stay if I loved them.

I have this rule, in fact I have a few about women.

I don't sleep with women heavier than me.
I don't sleep with women hairier than me.
I don't sleep with women taller than me.
And I don't date women who are cabbages.

Giggidy.

Had a coach who was taking his fiancé out on his boat. Her spine was shattered when the boat went one way and she went the other in a freak accident. Anyway, she was crippled and her called it off.

I'd probably stay but they would have to be cool with me getting some on the side

Well...
If they're fully paralyzed, easy access.

Just kidding, but I don't know what I would do. I'd have too much on my head.

Back