If your partner were disabled in car accident, would you still stay with her/him?

Panmisiek

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lets say long 5 year relationship, before marriage. What would you do? You know her or his parents, they know yours. Family basically. And it happens one day, everything you been building together destroyed in a moment.

I don't have a clue what I would do. Probably would leave. I think most would.

The women who stay with disabled veterans are fucking heroes. I wouldn’t want my loved one to be burdened by me but I would want to stay with my disabled partner so I can support them. I would still want to fuck other people though.

As the other poster stated I would stay but I would def bang bro

id hang around, that insurance check dont come straight away

Lets say long 5 year relationship, before marriage. What would you do? You know her or his parents, they know yours. Family basically. And it happens one day, everything you been building together destroyed in a moment.

I don't have a clue what I would do. Probably would leave. I think most would.

depends on how disabled.

I'd hope if I became a vegetable or some such, she would find happiness with someone else too.

You think most people would bail, so that makes it okay for you to do so? You sound like shitty person TS.

Absolutely - if I loved someone enough to marry them, then I'm in it for life (for better or for worse and all that jazz).

HOWEVER, if I were to get sick/injured, I would demand a divorce and just off myself. I would rather die than be a burden to anyone I cared about.

I would have a hard time with it which is exactly why I'm not making any efforts to enter into a committed relationship at this point in my life. I'm just not ready.

As some others have said, in sickness and in health is supposed to mean exactly that.

I'm gonna say yes, because when I truly love someone I'd do just about anything for them, but it would be hard to see that every day.

The question would be would she stay with me as I serve out my sentence for murdering the other driver.

But yes, not only would I stay, but to help those I love is the thing I value most in life.

Absolutely - if I loved someone enough to marry them, then I'm in it for life (for better or for worse and all that jazz).

HOWEVER, if I were to get sick/injured, I would demand a divorce and just off myself. I would rather die than be a burden to anyone I cared about.

as a canadian, it is now your right to follow through with that

Well she pretty much just lies there now, if you know what I mean.

Yeah sure a sidekick is always good. j/k Of course.

All I know is I wouldn't leave my wife when she needed me the most. Not 10-years ago not now.

Lol, I kinda hope you get cancer now so you can see how terribly wrong you are.

Of course. Being disabled is not a barrier.

My wife was wheelchair bound until a diagnosis set her free. It was several years into the pain and joint crippling. She's nearly all better now but at the time it occurred to me while observing my behaviour and state of mind that all it caused in me was motivation to up my game/support.

When I love someone I'm there for them. Marriage vows say in sickness and in health, i see marriage as just an affirmation of what already exists.

It amazes me that people stay in longterm relationships where they are not fully invested.

Ones actions define you, leaving when it gets hard and you're needed more than ever is a pussy move. When the going gets tough you learn who you really are, i was surprised and lucky to find I rise to the occasion.

Woah there nelly, that's really up to the other person whether they want to help or not. You should respect your partner enough for them to be responsible for their actions and expect the same back.

Sometimes such feelings come from having been made to feel a burden as a child. Unloved or difficult, internalised and then reflected on to our adult relationships, the perennial outsider, avoiding putting anyone out and refusing help freely offered.

Back