If your bosses let you do an easier job to make more money would you say no?

essie

sue me
@Silver
Reaction score
Blame the UFC, not the fighters.

Depends on if it were good for my brand or not.

Of course I would say no, work ethics brah....

Eat clean, train hard, get proper sleep, never give up. Challenge yourself. Determination. Mindset. Hardwork. Perseverance.

Etc...

I'll do anything for monneh, buddeh!

Depends on the job. Most any sort of 9-to-5 job, sure. Professional fighters should be held to a higher standard because they're in a competitive sport.

Depends on the job. Most any sort of 9-to-5 job, sure. Professional fighters should be held to a higher standard because they're in a competitive sport.

In competitive sports, it's up to the challengers to make a case for fighting the champion. And not just for fighting the champion, for being the champion. If you're an excellent fighter, but nobody wants to watch you, you will get passed over for lesser fighters that people empty their wallets for.

If my job was defending a UFC title, I wouldn't feel it was my job to tell against whom I should defend. They have matchmakers, not script writers.

fuck rankings, it's all about the big $$$ fights.

always has been, always will be.

Depends on if it were good for my brand or not.

Kevin-Garnett-Reaction-at-2013-Dunk-Contest.gif

Blame the UFC, not the fighters.
Would you ask your boss if u could do fuck all for more money?

Invalid question because the boss makes more money too. Hmm.
Seems like he got a legit reason to ask for Diaz

More money wants more money, so no. It´s proven starving lions fight more vicious

Sure I would.

But I also wouldn't go around saying I'm the best in the world when I'm taking the easy assignments and theres someone out there doing a better job than me.

The UFC is not about merit. It's about maximum profit. I can't stand people picking and choosing who to hate for going after the biggest money. If you don't learn how to examine your own hypocrisies, you will be called on them.

Since we're making analogies that aren't remotely related, I'll try to at least make one that makes sense:

How about if you worked at a company and there was a job within the company(being champ) that you really wanted but you had to win it based on your performance on a specific project(title fight). Now, there were multiple guys more qualified than you who should've taken on that project but you campaigned and complained and convinced the higher ups that you deserved it. So you got the project, and made it a success, and now the job you've been angling for is finally yours.

Now, within the first hour that you have the job would you tell your boss you don't want to do the one thing in the job description(fight top contenders), but instead would rather do whatever you feel like is financially best for you? Of course in the business world most people would be fired for this, but let's see how this plays out.

Can't blame the guy for wanting money fights, he is a prize fighter and a UFC champion. Does he deserve it, nope. I think he should have to at least have to defend his title against the number 1 contender before he starts calling the shots. But at the same time the timing is right and obviously the UFC isn't above gifting title shots for money and it that's what it takes to get Nick back in the cage asap it's entirely possible they make that fight

Back