If your a fight fan you need to support Jones

What would you like to know peasant.....

I would like to know how mad u are that a boxer is raking in 8 mil a fight and a school bus driver is struggling to support his family with 30k annual salary

Why do people care how much money fighters make?

I mean, I can understand caring about the lower-end fighters, helping them make a livable wage but Jon Jones? He's wealthy, why do you need him to be even wealthier?

I mean, I can understand caring about the lower-end fighters, helping them make a livable wage but Jon Jones? He's wealthy, why do you need him to be even wealthier?

Its because if Jones can successfully negotiate more money, people are hoping that could help set a new precedent where other fighters will get paid more as well.

What Melendez did was a great starting point, however Jones doesn't have the same leverage because no one can match or out bid what the UFC is currently paying Jones or will pay Jones.

Honestly, it'd be cool if he dropped the belt and split to Bellator, hopefully draw more talent from UFC, let the market decide a fighter's true worth. But then I wouldn't get to see him fight Gus or DC.

Honestly, it'd be cool if he dropped the belt and split to Bellator, hopefully draw more talent from UFC, let the market decide a fighter's true worth. But then I wouldn't get to see him fight Gus or DC.

Agree'd, i'd like to see him split just so fighters can see they have options when someone as high profile as Jones does it; although I would be bummed about the DC and Gus fights.

Well then you might have a catalyst for cross promotional negotiations which could be a good thing. Not sure that would ever happen though, from the Fedor negotiations I'm pretty sure Dana would never agree to this.

i dont see you upset about dana and the owners making millions...

I wonder what Bellator would pay for a guy like Jones? Having the #1 P4P fighter would definitely help them a lot more than it does the UFC, they are the ones that need to convince fans they are a legitimate alternative.

They probably wouldn't give him as much guaranteed money but almost certainly give him a way higher PPV cut, so the question would be how many PPVs he could sell in Bellator. Also the fights would probably be easier so he could fight more often.

I wonder what Bellator would pay for a guy like Jones? Having the #1 P4P fighter would definitely help them a lot more than it does the UFC, they are the ones that need to convince fans they are a legitimate alternative.

They probably wouldn't give him as much guaranteed money but almost certainly give him a way higher PPV cut, so the question would be how many PPVs he could sell in Bellator. Also the fights would probably be easier so he could fight more often.

Bellator is not an option. First of all they couldn't afford him, and secondly, Jones would probably lose out on alot of his sponsorship money because part of that is based on being in the UFC. His sponsors are going to pay him much less money if he goes to Bellator and would have to negotiate new contracts with them.

Plus Bellator just barely did 100k buys recently...how much more do you really think they could do with Jones? Its not like he has a huge fan base he's going to bring with him, and I doubt very many people want to see him ragdoll B and C level fighters.

Unfortunately, Jones has no real play here.

Bellator is not an option. First of all they couldn't afford him, and secondly, Jones would probably lose out on alot of his sponsorship money because part of that is based on being in the UFC. His sponsors are going to pay him much less money if he goes to Bellator and would have to negotiate new contracts with them.

Plus Bellator just barely did 100k buys recently...how much more do you really think they could do with Jones? Its not like he has a huge fan base he's going to bring with him, and I doubt very many people want to see him ragdoll B and C level fighters.

Unfortunately, Jones has no real play here.

UFC is the one at odds with Nike which was almost certainly his biggest sponsor by far.

If he sold just 200K PPVs and they gave him $10 per PPV he'd make $2 million. Since like you said they can't sell PPVs without him they'd likely do it. Plus it would be a huge boost to the brand in general to have a fighter like Jones on their roster.

I don't want to see Jones go to Bellator but I bet they'd make him a good offer.

yeah you're right, isn't it weird how we argue over entertainers wages? they're rich enough, businessmen like dana and the fertittas are rich enough, it's not anyone's fault that some people can only make money fighting and others can make money off making others fight lol

I want to see the top guys fight. Right now Jones is doing all he can to not fight the top guys -for whatever reason. It's bullshit.

Contract disputes happen all the time in sports. Jones will sign a new contract and probably post a pic with Dana on Twitter, and Sherdog can go back to irrational hatred instead of irrational hero worship.

And if your heart goes out to all the underpaid fighters, don't play your tiny fiddle for the guys making bank. Support the guys who are sweating it out for 8k at a time.

Bones is who the thread was made about.. So he's the person I addressed. But if you read the post I said mma fighters in general get the shaft. And contracts can be unfair and obscure. That's why there disputed in court all the time. Ask don king about contracts gtfo.

Jones is probably the highest paid fighter in the company now. Fuck you and fuck this thread.

No he isn't and if you had any common sense or read the thread, you would realize the company pays it's top fighters shit, hence why Jones is looking to make more money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back