If your a fight fan you need to support Jones

Does that mean he shouldn't be able to voice his opinion on who he should face next?

Because that is all I've seen him do.
There is a difference between voicing your opinion and not signing contracts, trying to avoid fights etc.

As a champ you should have no say what so ever when it comes to who you are fighting next.

Oh those poor little kids in the sweat shops getting paid a disclosed 6 figure amount to work one night...

Not my point buddy. Everyone knows mma fighters get paid peanuts compared to boxers. Jones would be the third champ to complain about pay. So there's something going on there. Aldo barroa and jones know they should get more than hundreds of thousands when the UFC makes millions off them.

Now im not talking about being a D Rider of his and flame anyone who voices a negative opinion about him.But rather back him against the ufc right now,Its pretty obvious the reason the ufc announced the Jones vs Gustaffson 2 fight before Jones had signed his contract and that's because there trying to pressure him into signing a deal he isn't happy with,by getting the public opinion against him.

So should you call him a pussy and say he is scared of a guy he beat and nearly finished and play into the ufc hands by forcing him to sign a deal for less money or should you show the fighters your support so they can be compensated for putting there bodies and health on the line.

The ufc pay is a joke to the top guys.

Canelo got 8m for his last fight

Jones did 350k buys for him vs gus 1 you think he earned any were near 6-8m ?

The facts we know,the highest ufc payout is $5m,either to brock,gsp,or Silva.All have had 1m+ ppv sales and none of them earned more then a guy who sold 400k ppvs?

A ufc fighter seems to be on between 2-5 dollars in ppv points maximum from what we know.With the a ppv at say $60 and the ufc getting $30 of that,with the fighters getting only $5 maximum.

So my question is why don't the fans care more that the fighters there paying to see,not the shady organisation arranging the fights,is taking 80-90% percent of the money your spending to follow your favourite fighters?

That logic is pretty weak dude, I couldn't care less if Jones gets 3 mil per fight or 4 mil per fight, he is still financially set for life and should stop bitching and sign the contract to fight the number one contender (who should have gotten an immediate rematch),

UFC fighters are not underpaid, Boxers are overpaid....6-8 million for a fight....Bullshit...Pay the schoolbus driver who has your child, pay the aid who cares for your parents.....things are so Fuuu...up.

I support Jones, he's trying to bargain for a better deal nothing wrong with that. More fighters should speak up like Melendez, Henderson, Jones, etc.

Not my point buddy. Everyone knows mma fighters get paid peanuts compared to boxers. Jones would be the third champ to complain about pay. So there's something going on there. Aldo barroa and jones know they should get more than hundreds of thousands when the UFC makes millions off them.

Contract disputes happen all the time in sports. Jones will sign a new contract and probably post a pic with Dana on Twitter, and Sherdog can go back to irrational hatred instead of irrational hero worship.

And if your heart goes out to all the underpaid fighters, don't play your tiny fiddle for the guys making bank. Support the guys who are sweating it out for 8k at a time.

So my question is why don't the fans care more that the fighters there paying to see,not the shady organisation arranging the fights,is taking 80-90% percent of the money your spending to follow your favourite fighters?

My question is why do you care what some total stranger gets paid? Particularly when he's already rich? A better question would be "Why aren't they $40 ppvs and no one ever gets a 5 million dollar paycheck?". That would make me much happier than buying Jon a collision proof Bentley.

My second question would be Is boxing working for an international expansion into new markets, or has that been done for them for like a century? Because it seems to me like a massive international push probably costs more and eats up more of the profits leaving less for all parties, fighters and promotion alike, but it richly benefits the fans (who bitch about it) and the sport by growing an international interest that will grow the recruiting talent pool.

Comparing the salaries of someone who is 10 years and 45 fights into their career in a huge international sport to someone 6 years and 20 fights into a much smaller sport makes no sense. Different overhead. Different revenues. Different pay scale.

As said before: I am 100% fighters getting more money. I am 100% against fighters trying to choose who they fight. I am for/against choosing when they fight depending upon the circumstances.

Jones wanting more money is absolutely fine. But he should be champing at the bit to get at Gus... not playing these games.

Right, OR the UFC could charge less for PPVs, and therefore make less themselves, and therefore not be making way more than the fighters. It's the average consumer that always gets screwed in the end.

I would've supported jones,

If he would've stepped up for ufc 151.

UFC fighters are not underpaid, Boxers are overpaid....6-8 million for a fight....Bullshit...Pay the schoolbus driver who has your child, pay the aid who cares for your parents.....things are so Fuuu...up.

You have no idea what you're talking about, when PPV's are being charged at $40-$50 per show, that amounts to $4-$5million per 100k buys. That means fighters are definitely not being overpaid, rather they're getting paid what they are worth.

While I agree that school teachers, firemen, etc. should be getting paid more, unfortunately that's not how capitalism works.

good post TS, no one will read it though nor understand what youre saying but a good effort. ive never rooted for Jones in one fight but you make good points here and i back him in this.

bunch of jealous haters in this thread

OP is righteous as hell

yes we should structure wages and payment according to your moral standards. Oh lead us philosopher king! :rolleyes:

You have no idea what you're talking about, when PPV's are being charged at $40-$50 per show, that amounts to $4-$5million per 100k buys. That means fighters are definitely not being overpaid, rather they're getting paid what they are worth.

While I agree that school teachers, firemen, etc. should be getting paid more, unfortunately that's not how capitalism works.

You missed the point.....I never said the money wasn't there....I said we have our priorities Ass backwards.....

You missed the point.....I never said the money wasn't there....I said we have our priorities Ass backwards.....

I didn't miss the point, I was specifically responding to you saying "boxers are overpaid," they're not.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back