If you were the new owner of the UFC, how would you make sure Ronda, your investment, beats Nunes?

I would try to protect my investments the best way I knew how. Sort of how they protected her before Holm, and Holm and coaches kind of played rope-a-dope. Let's be real...on paper we knew Holm could POSSIBLY beat Ronda, but very few actually picked it.

It's the same way they protected Conor. No one saw the first Nate Diaz fight go down like that, but on paper, it made perfect sense.

I certainly wouldn't throw her into a title fight after a long, tough layoff which included depression and lack of training.

i think ronda herself didnt want to do media so she put it in her contract not the other way around you paranoid pussy haters. Have some faith in yer champion.

Let her do anything she wants, including missing the weigh-ins and not having to do media obligations.
Let Ronda skip the fight but call it a win by submission. Nunes must stand in the cage with only the ref to join her for 1:12 in the first round, when she will hear the signal it's time to tap. A power outage happens when Ronda is supposed to walk out and the lights don't come back on until the crowd leaves.

Legally...?
I dunno... spread rumors about Nunes, make her do heaps of media before the fight, prank call her the night before the fight every hour, give her a shitty dressing room, make her wait for ages in the cold on fight night.

Well...Ronda said publicly that she has MAYBE 2 more fights left in her, including this one...so why would I waste my time and resources on her? I would not.
Electrifying a couple of the fences and making the camera guys wear rubber gloves would only cost a few bucks.
Amanda would only have to involuntarily seize up for a split sec...

You buy off Nunes. Or you buy off at least 2 judges.

Other than that, there's nothing they can do. Within reason.

Pre fight free meal for Nunes with stuff guaranteed to give her diarrhea for days.

Slip some PED's with bad side effects into her corner bottle. USADA bless her holidays and she'll fight groggy.

Oil ronda body like machida

Dana puts lead weights in ronda gloves before fight

Back