If you were Scott Coker

ZafroTexas

Sideburns Sodamizer
@Green
Reaction score
If you were Scott Coker what would you do to change or add to boost ratings? Do you think they could ever compete with the UFC? Should they stick with Spike? Should they attempt a merger? Should they attempt PPV again? Thoughts.....

I would sign high level wrestlers and Brazilian jiu-jitsu practitioners. It's also important to add freakshow fights and sign athletes from other sports.

herschel_walker_strikeforce_miami-610x406.jpg

Herschel Walker MMA Stats, Pictures, News, Videos, Biography - Sherdog.com

Last edited:
PPV is a bad idea. Fighters need TV to get the exposure.

Yeah, Bellator does not have the fighters that can generate enough revenue to justify a PPV. However, a good enough Bellator card could possibly do well on CBS for greater exposure.

Coker just needs to keep signing free agents that defect from the UFC or WSOF.

Other than lose about 30 pounds?

Basically keep doing what I'm doing. Prospects, freakshows and castoffs.

dude is doing everything right; its not pretty, but he is doing what he has to. his ratings are up, and he also mentioned how gates are up.. his operation is going to be ugly and take some time but he can get it done. give reebok more time to set in, as well as give fighter time to fight out their contracts and we will see jumps from org to org..

we all know keneddy wants out BAD.. coker could def. use fighters like this.. use his military past to promote him a bit, and we might have the next middleweight champ at bellator.. bendo might test the waters when his contract is up as well.

Kimbo vs Lashely

Crossover show with KSW or WSOF (Mahmed vs Hasley)

Keep signing Russian Studs

Keep champions active

keep flyweight and wmma out

Promote McGeary as hard as they do Page

Bellator will be PPV ready next year

Page vs Koreshkov

Hasley vs Kato

Lashley vs Slice

Ortiz vs Mo

Chandler vs High

What are the rules regarding Cruiser weight and Super Heavyweight from the AC's. Get these going and you can have names defect who would be getting to fight in a more comfortable weight and do so for cheaper rates.

Get the W-Feather n Fly going. Other divisions to look into W-Atom, Men's Straw.

Lesser weight classes, openweight gp's

What are the rules regarding Cruiser weight and Super Heavyweight from the AC's. Get these going and you can have names defect who would be getting to fight in a more comfortable weight and do so for cheaper rates.

Get the W-Feather n Fly going. Other divisions to look into W-Atom, Men's Straw.

I hope both of y'all are joking. The last thing Bellator needs is MORE divisions. Build up what you already have first!

I love the Dynamite show with the kickboxing bouts and and the one night LHW tournament. Coker should keep signing American, Canadian, Brazilian and Russian prospects plus veteran fighters of note and make the most interesting cards possible.

I hope both of y'all are joking. The last thing Bellator needs is MORE divisions. Build up what you already have first!

Depends, they are packing to do more shows. Also if they dumped a week division it could be adavantageous.

Cruiserweights actually an interesting idea

Back