If you were Max would you move back down to Featherweight?

Unfinished Sentenc

testtest
@red
Reaction score
As a fan, imo he should stay at Lightweight and redeem himself because moving back down seems like he's walking out on a challenge

He should defend his title against the winner of Aldo vs Volkanovski

I agree
It will look like he’s fleeing 155 with his tail between his legs to fight Manlets at 145

He’s only a couple fights from a TS(maybe 3)
If he beats
Barboza(#6)
Cowboy/AL winner
He’s getting a title shot

He can’t enhance his legacy at featherweight much anymore, especially since we all saw what happened when he moved up

He either needs to stay at FW, or put on a little bulk and move up to LW. Either way, pick a weight class and train for that specific class IMO

He should move up and challenge GSP

he doesn't have a choice. looks like the war of attrition stuff isn't going to work with the heavier guys. he's too hittable.

As a fan, imo he should stay at Lightweight and redeem himself because moving back down seems like he's walking out on a challenge

Agree. He should work in getting more muscle mass . Getting a lil bigger will help him in that division. If he was having so much trouble cutting weight that means he is not a 45er anymore.

Too bad he doesn't give a shit what you think.

You are douchebag kid. Go and learn how to clean your ass properly before participating in a discussion.

Last edited:
He needs to pick one and stick to it.

If he wants to keep his belt, he will be too small for 155.

If he wants to win fights at 155, he will need to become too big to cut to 145.

I personally think he needs to take 9 months out to bulk up. He left 145 on top and has no reason to go back there with zero momentum off of a tough loss. There is more to lose than gain now going back down than there is to focus on 155.

I agree
It will look like he’s fleeing 155 with his tail between his legs to fight Manlets at 145

He’s only a couple fights from a TS(maybe 3)
If he beats
Barboza(#6)
Cowboy/AL winner
He’s getting a title shot

He can’t enhance his legacy at featherweight much anymore, especially since we all saw what happened when he moved up

I think all 3 beat him, especially in a three rounder

So long as he can make FW, that's the move to make. Continuing to be the champion in a division that he can make weight in is only seen as cowardly by those who project their own self confidence issues onto others.

*insert manlet reference here*

I'd move up and fight DC for daddest man on the planet

He needs to go back down to 45 and defend his throne against Frankie Edgar and then Volk if he beats Aldo. After that he should move up for good. Edgar is the logical “Answer” for Max next. Only guy he hasn’t fought yet that has been in the top 3 for years...i think max has the pressure to beat some top guys at 55, but unless he puts on more muscle to his frame we are going to see more of the same (maybe even worse). He just couldn’t move Dustin, shots didn’t hurt Dustin like Dustin’s shots hurt him. Let’s also not forget 55 has some great style matchups for Max, but he needs to fight wrestlers like Edgar & then Volk in order to see where he stands in the wrestling department. 55 is loaded with guys that have possibly better wrestling and are bigger....45 for Max, get back to defending that belt against a legend in Edgar, then Volk if he wins, and then call it a career at 45 for the next chapter.

I never took it as he was officially moving up. But, if he can still make 145, then he should.

I never took it as he was officially moving up. But, if he can still make 145, then he should.

I don’t think he officially announced it, but we know if he beat Dustin that Khabib was going to be next & that a possible permanent move to 55 would’ve soon followed...Max will be at 55 sooner rather than later, and for him it’s about legacy. Losing to Dustin was a road block, but he still has the option to defend 45 belt, reclaim that hype, and then give 55 another go.

Probably.

In LW he can't go forward with no defense/head movement and relying on his chin forever since the weight advantage is huge.

Back