If you were a Single Issue Candidate?

I actually only watched part of the adult table "debate" and even in that bit found there to be a ridiculous amount of discussion of Israel.

I'm familiar with the arguments about democracy in the ME, the large American Jewish community and their powerful lobby, Christian eschatology, etc. but I still can never wrap my head around why we, and conservatives in particular, care so damn much about Israel. Out support for them costs us so much and gains us so little. I'll probably never get it.

I didn't find it funny on thursday, just kind of weird.

I'd like to see a Reagan candidate.

"What do you think of the Iran deal?"
"I think Reagan was the greatest president on foreign policy ever!"
"OK, but what would you do about Iran?"
"Propose renaming it Reaganistan. We can just call it that in our maps and textbooks, and eventually everyone would go along." (thumbs up).
"What about the economy?"
"You know what I'm going to say to that, Jim. That's right. Two words. Ronald. Motherfucking. Reagan." (big, shiteating grin)

That wasn't too far off reality either.

Or two or three at the most, what would those be?

Or put differently, if a candidate burst on the scene hawking 1 to 3 issues as his only platform, which of those issues would cause you to take the most notice? Or possibly vote for them?

Could such a candidacy work in an election?

Go:

Now that it appears that our aggressive attitude toward the Middle East is beginning to reverse with the Iran Nuclear Deal (legit "thanks Obama (finally)", the #1 issue for me is the TPP, TTIP, TISA*. I think this really comes down to a "money in politics issue", especially when you look at all the donations politicians have received from the trade lobbying groups. So, without further adieu...

1. Money in politics
2. Infrastructure/ Jobs (interrelated)
3. Education/ Energy Independence (tangentially related)

*admittedly, I know little about TISA at this point, but TPP being passed has me auto-against it for the time being.

My one issue would be education reform.

I really feel that the current approach to education standards and education reform are so subpar that I expect every other nation to surpass in finding and nurturing young talent. And as the standard of living in the world rises, we'll become less of a draw for international minds. So we need to ensure the proper production of our own elite minds.

Universal Healthcare and smashing as many corporate loopholes as I could. I'd bust so many trusts I'd make the ghost of Teddy Roosevelt stiffer than Mt. Rushmore.

1: Lower all tax rates to as close to 0% as possible.

2: End the States prosecution and persecution of non-violent drug offenders.

3: Enacting a federal Constitutional Carry standard, preventing any other level of government from infringing upon the rights of its citizens.

If we're being serious, I'd say full employment at all times.

Some liberal should run on banning the manufacture and sale of ammunition. You can keep your guns, but you gotta make your own bullets.
Guns don't kill people, bullets do

Term limits. Even for Supreme Court Justices.

Some liberal should run on banning the manufacture and sale of ammunition. You can keep your guns, but you gotta make your own bullets.
Guns don't kill people, bullets do
The courts would literally destroy that law. If you wanted the Supreme court to also protect the right of ammunition under the 2nd amendment, then go ahead and try to enact that law :icon_chee

The courts would literally destroy that law. If you wanted the Supreme court to also protect the right of ammunition under the 2nd amendment, then go ahead and try to enact that law :icon_chee
My candidate doesn't care. Campaign promises are meant to be broken.

Back