If you wanted the most money and you were Nate...

No, if Nate wins there will be a 3rd fight, if Nate wins that they'll be a 4th and so on, but if Nate loses than no more rematches

Would it make sense to take a dive? For the potential rubbermatch? Not fighter bashing or saying Nate would. But if you wanted the MOST money, wouldnt it make sense?
For some reason I think if Conor wins he won't want to fight Nate again. Win or lose I think he's moving down to FW or maybe LW and if Conor goes back the either and does well but Nate is the last man to beat him then that's good for him. It's best for him to win and do you really think a Diaz would ever take a dive? They care about pride far more then money that's for sure.

eh, beating him again is always the best way to make more money cause he's the guy conor can't beat. then he can demands a lw champ fight, and if he wins that,. every fight after is all money. 3-5 fights being the champ that made conor retire is gonna make him bank hard. but yea he's gotta win. if he don't wanna fight and win. then maybe he could make more money if he loses on purpose. but there probalby won't be a 3rd fight for a long time.

If he was in it purely for that, then I would say feint an injury in the next fight, then lose the next one in suspect fashion, and that way we get a rubber match with a few other DQ, injury, and other fights.

Pride and honor wouldn't let Nate do this...

If a third fight was a for sure thing maybe, but it's not even close to that. Unless its a controversial decision I can't really see a third fight. They're gonna want Conor to defend his FW strap regardless.

Won't stop me from saying this is why Nate lost on this forum though if Conor does happen to win :p

Absolutely not.
There's no reason to expect them to give him a chance to get a rematch of a rematch. This is largely a chance at redemption for their supposed cash cow and a payday.
Diaz needs to keep talking real shit and winning to make himself a draw in order to make the most possible money.

No because if he loose then they say first fight was a fluke and Conor got use to fighting a "bigger" man and Nate goes back to 155 and who he always has been a exciting fighter who can beat some top guys but will lose to almost any wrestler with a power double and leg kicks. With the way the ufc is now id say if he beats conor he may get a title shot or a high profile fight at 155

Why take a dive for a rematch that will probably not happen. It's pretty clear Conor just wants a win at 170 so he can be granted a shot for the LW belt. Nate just needs to beat him again and take some more of his stardom for himself. Then Nate can ask for LW title shot and have the UFC do its hype thing.

Back