If you wanted the most money and you were Nate...

Ar145984

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Would it make sense to take a dive? For the potential rubbermatch? Not fighter bashing or saying Nate would. But if you wanted the MOST money, wouldnt it make sense?

No because Connie fans would say that Conor is the best and the first fight wasn't real, this was the only fight, he isn't worthy of a rematch with Conor. Maybe if he strings together 7 straight KO wins then they can talk about a rematch.

No, because there won't be a third fight.

If Conor wins the UFC will pretend the first fight never happened.
If Diaz wins the UFC will pretend neither fights happened.

Nah dude there is no way if Conor wins they will give Nate another shot.

Pretty much this

Mike Goldberg would say "IT IS ALL OVER!" regarding the thread after this reply.

Would it make sense to take a dive? For the potential rubbermatch? Not fighter bashing or saying Nate would. But if you wanted the MOST money, wouldnt it make sense?
No you idiot, b/c Conor would say that 202, was the REAL match and 196 was just a warm up, he had to get used to 170, too much steak, too much touchbutt-fu.

Then he's either going to disappear or somehow starve himself back to 145.

The most money for Nate would be to destroy Conor x2 and then wait for Conor to beg Dana for a third match.

And here Genius, let me show you how it's going to go

EInA3N83zoRaM.gif

Exactly the same, cuz panic wrestlers never break out of that habit
EInA3N83zoRaM.gif

UFC2xx Nate v. Conor 3
GUESS WHAT?
EInA3N83zoRaM.gif

Nate's going to kill the goose that laid the golden egg, and that will be the end of red panty night for mma fighters (unless they transitioned from WWF).

No you idiot, b/c Conor would say that 202, was the REAL match and 196 was just a warm up, he had to get used to 170, too much steak, too much touchbutt-fu.

Then he's either going to disappear or somehow starve himself back to 145.

The most money for Nate would be to destroy Conor x2 and then wait for Conor to beg Dana for a third match.

And here Genius, let me show you how it's going to go

EInA3N83zoRaM.gif

Exactly the same, cuz panic wrestlers never break out of that habit
EInA3N83zoRaM.gif

UFC2xx Nate v. Conor 3
GUESS WHAT?
EInA3N83zoRaM.gif

"Derp, I don't know basic business"

Conor is going to be Nate's fattest paycheck bar-none in the LW division and probably his career If he beats Conor and Conor drops to 145, he gets the win bonus + Ppv pts. The majority of his earnings will come from the PPV that the fight brings in. However, if he loses competitively, fans will demand a third fight, as these are the way these things tend to go (Cain vs JDS) and that will give Nate a second fat pay check. Conor's value will be bumped up with a win over Nate, and the natural response will be a third fight (Regardless how much you guys think UFC protects Conor)

If he wins, Then he can easily retire at that point.

I'm surprised they're rematching to begin with. I don't think there is any way in hell that Conor would give him a rubber.

With that belief in mind... I don't have to worry about a third. Cause Nate is kicking that ass at 202.

"Derp, I don't know basic business"

Conor is going to be Nate's fattest paycheck bar-none in the LW division and probably his career If he beats Conor and Conor drops to 145, he gets the win bonus + Ppv pts. The majority of his earnings will come from the PPV that the fight brings in. However, if he loses competitively, fans will demand a third fight, as these are the way these things tend to go (Cain vs JDS) and that will give Nate a second fat pay check. Conor's value will be bumped up with a win over Nate, and the natural response will be a third fight (Regardless how much you guys think UFC protects Conor)

If he wins, Then he can easily retire at that point.
Your stoopid theory of a rubbermatch, take a dive bullshit, is the same thought process that Dana had when Holly decided to be a fighter and fight, rather than wait for that fat DNB to get off her DNB ass.

If Nate loses this fight a 3rd fight is far from guaranteed. It is more than likely that Conor would feel like his loss had been vindicated and put Nate in his rearview mirror.

Conor made the mistake taking the first fight, and the second fight is purely damage control.

Win or lose, there won't be a third.

Back