If you want to tell your casual friend what a fluke win means which finish you will show him ?

I always thought shogun tapping to strikes was a fluke.

Shogun fans told me shogun wasn't a coward like gsp for tapping to strikes so that obviously was a fluke finish.

the ultimate fluke was Vitor's win over Couture, of course.

but it's a lot less gif friendly, so maybe that's why TS didn't add it.

lol not a fluke. Prior to the fight DC literally said he would be looking for that shot in the clinch cause Stipe leaves his chin up.

EXACTLY. Being caught a trap designed to exploit a weakness is about as far away from a fluke as you can get.

Have you watched that fight you idiot ? Colby never shoot for a takedown in that fight and 30-26ed maia in his home town .

This is literally sherdog biggest problem, people commenting on fights they haven't seen.

Someone told me yesterday Marquardt dominated Woodley. Guy had no idea the fight was a brutal war before the finish.

Let's define fluke first. Would it be fair to say that a fluke is when a fighter wins a fight that he would lose 10/10 instant rematches in? If so, the most correct answer would be Jones vs. Hammel. In no circumstance other than Jon eliminating himself with illegal elbows does Hammel win that fight.

If you mean "lucky punch" ...I don't really believe in that concept. Look at your .gif of Mousasi vs. Hall. Hall threw a spinning back kick to Mousasi's head, then followed up with a flying knee. How is that luck? He threw the right shot at the right time to hurt his opponent. Then, he even followed up by placing another great shot on Mousasi and finished him.

Conor-Aldo obv.

Someone doing what they intended is not a fluke win.

Fluke wins:
-Belfort’s eyescrape win over Couture
-Shogun dislocating his elbow during a Mark Coleman takedown.

If you mean "lucky punch" ...I don't really believe in that concept. Look at your .gif of Mousasi vs. Hall. Hall threw a spinning back kick to Mousasi's head, then followed up with a flying knee. How is that luck? He threw the right shot at the right time to hurt his opponent. Then, he even followed up by placing another great shot on Mousasi and finished him.

I think there are lucky punches out there, but I completely agree that Hall kick wasn't one of them. Almost every fight he's ever won has involved a spinning kick. It's what he's best known for. It's ludicrous to call someone's signature move lucky.

This is the best possible definition of a fluke.

200.gif

Had Weidman not been winning the fight anyway, then maybe. You cant really call that a fluke since Canderson was losing on scorecards.

Whether he was winning on the score cards is completely irrelevant.

Anderson could have ended the fight .. He was a top fighter capable of that

TS is a Coby Cringington cuck and I'm glad he's banned.

Yeah like it was chael missing a spinning back fist . Also silva was getting wrecked in the chris fight while chael was beating silva .

Haha when has chael thrown a spinning back fist before? Maybe you can argue Silvas triangle was a fluke but the backfist? Common son.

"fluke"....
From the top of my head, real flukes are Silva's and Corey Hill's freak injuries.

Calling anything else a fluke is silly. I've never seen someone slipping, for example, flail his hands and KO his opponent.

Back