If you want someone to be a UFC/MMA fan, whose fights are you gonna show?

When I cared to make people fans, I used to use GSP vs Trigg as a great example

A lot of great callouts in this threds but if the goal is to bring in new people I'd probably make them watch something more recent so they can get behind some of the current guys. Maybe smtg like Whitaker/Romero 1 and 2, Max/Ortega, Yair/KZ, Ferguson/Pettis, etc.

I'd just show them Lawler vs MacDonald, but I'm a big fan of both guys.

My father turned into a fan when he saw Iuri Alcantara submit Luke Sanders with that insane kneebar and Elkins finish Bektic on UFC 209.
Pretty random fights and pretty random fighters, but damn they delivered and made my dad and a bunch of his friends realize how great the sport is.

His favorite fighter before he passed was Alexey Oleynik after he saw the Travis Browne fight.

Rory v Lawler. No not bloody at all.

Ferguson
Brown
Lauzon
Diaz
Condit
Manhoef
Fedor

Shogun vs Hendo was a good one.

Probably Black Beast vs Nog if you want to see what potential there is to MMA.

First gonna kick it off with Kimbo vs Houston then Nagannou vs Lewis, finally I'd throw the classic Silva vs Maia.

My tactic is to bore people away before they get sucked into being a sherdog member and wasting countless hours reading about Conors personal life, and considering hypothetical match ups, followed by an endless argument as to weather fighter X is overrated or not or should be a GOAT or not.. Lots of GOAT talk.

Kidding:

Lawler vs Condit, Rory, Rory 2, then Lawlers KO highlights, and then over to Fedor Coleman, Fedor Randleman.. Jones Gus, so many good fights fights but why not start with the action.

If you want someone to be a UFC/MMA fan, whose fighths/highlights are you gonna show?

I'm torn between Silva in his prime and Jon Jones.

Anderson Silva's highlight reel would absolutely appeal anyone. Those amazing finishes are real-life matrix. But Jones Jones fights and beating everyone in a dominant fashion using his well-rounded skills is also something I would want them to watch.

A kid Yamamoto highlight vid RIP
Silva highlight

Thompson vs Pettis
Till vs Masvidal
Werdum vs Miocic
Weidman vs Rockhold
Rockhold vs Bisping
Rousey vs Holm
Jedrzejczyk vs Namajunas

I'd show them Tony's winning streak since the Johnson loss. Doesn't get more exciting than his fights, pretty much every single one is casual-friendly, apart from maybe the one against Castillo (which for the non-casuals is actually a very interesting fight in light of a potential Khabib match-up)

Condit's, and Edgar vs. Mayard II and III.

Depends on the person. Does he drink a lot of light beer and watch the NFL? I'll give him some just bleed guys like Stephens, Lytle, Lawler. If he's more into intelligent sports, then I'll show them more technical guys like Anderson, Thompson, Conor etc. If I wanted to show a grappler I'd go with someone like Jones, Khabib, or Rockhold because they usually punish people on the ground. Chances are they already know about MMA if they're into grappling, though.

I'm showing them Fedor and Condit no matter what because that's the GOAT and my favorite fighter.

Specific fights again depend on the person. Diaz/Gomi is a great, bloody war. Rory/Robbie is great. rogerio/Shogun has good technique and action. Dillashaw/Barao is fantastic for showing technique and skill.

i usually show them poirier vs korean zombie. works well most of the time.

Back