If you think Jones is the GOAT, please answer this question

I don't think he's the GOAT but everybody takes PEDs so although it is a blemish to get caught it doesn't eliminate him from the running for me.

Fedor is the GOAT. Because he is the GOAT HW and went 10 years at the hardest weight class to not lose in and didn't lose.
Heavyweight is the worst weight class so it's actually the least impressive

the things found in his blood tests... would also be positive for someone living his lifestyle. dick pills, coke, who knows what else. Not to mention there are numerous accounts of people saying he partied all week and still beat Gus. You dont just take roids and slack off, thats not how they work.

The amount of PED found in his blood wouldn't give him an edge either (But i do agree he broke the rules).

Jones has such a "trolling" smile. Like he's just mocking you whenever he smiles.

I dislike Jones as much as anyone, but at this point, he may be the GOAT.

You forgot Group D - you have to judge by the official record. If the fight is official, it counts. Therefore, he lost once and only beat DC once. Even so, there is a good case to calling him #1. The only other candidates are GSP and Fedor.

GSP tapped to strikes

gif8.gif

I go with D, fan of his fights, but do not think he is anywhere near "GOAT" status after all his ped issues, etc.. nor do I think PED users, should be in any discussion in regards to being the "GOAT". Silva is not on that list for me either.. my top 5 would be: DJ, GSP, Fedor, Khabib, DC, in that order.

Once a ped cheat always a ped cheat... just ask A Silva.

Jones’ whole career would be wiped off the record in any real sport. Either you’re a proven cheater, or you aren’t.

- Didn't make his name off beating celebrities coming from another organisation past prime and looking 2 weight divisions bigger
- Never been popped for PEDS
- Never even cheated in the ring unlike Mr. Eyepokes
- Undefeated
- Most dominant fighter ever
- Never been battered and bruised like the 2 other GOAT contenders
- Only lost 1 round in his entire MMA career thus far, Jones has lost a fight on a judge's score card (Santos)
- Does all this in the deepest division in MMA history

View attachment 723077
these guys get it

I think he's a steroid cheat and should probably be completely banned from the sport at this point. But also he's the best fighters we've probably ever seen in the octagon, or at least close to it. No idea what he's capable of without PEDs because I assume he's always been on them.

I figure if you think he is the GOAT, you fall into one of 3 groups:

You either think (A) he never took steroids, (B) think he did, but think that everyone else is on steroids too so it doesn't matter, or (C) think that steroids don't matter and that he'd have beaten everyone he has even if he were clean.

So which group do you fall into? I'm trying to figure out the thinking of all his diehard fans and each and every one of them has to fall into one of these three groups.
I dont think Jones is a top 3 goat, but I am in the B group.

You either think (A) he never took steroids, (B) think he did, but think that everyone else is on steroids too so it doesn't matter, or (C) think that steroids don't matter and that he'd have beaten everyone he has even if he were clean.

So which group do you fall into? I'm trying to figure out the thinking of all his diehard fans and each and every one of them has to fall into one of these three groups.
B and C.

Only naive fans think everyone Jones is fighting/has fought are all 100% clean. We all know that's just not the case.

I think the most frustrating thing about Jon Jones is without steroids he might still be undefeated.

If not, maybe he loses to Gus or DC.
I don’t know. He’s so great at MMA that he could legit beat anyone at anytime without roids.

Take Sonnen for example; he’s a known cheater and still couldn’t beat anyone. In my opinion that’s what makes it so much worse, so much more dangerous for someone like Jones to use.

Adding the “pulsing” on top of what he already is, makes it not actually fair for anyone else. What he doesn’t have is heart or confidence. If he believed in himself, he wouldn’t need to cheat the way he does.

He would probably be the goat without any assistance. Now? He shouldn’t be in the conversation.

- Didn't make his name off beating celebrities coming from another organisation past prime and looking 2 weight divisions bigger
- Never been popped for PEDS
- Never even cheated in the ring unlike Mr. Eyepokes
- Undefeated
- Most dominant fighter ever
- Never been battered and bruised like the 2 other GOAT contenders
- Only lost 1 round in his entire MMA career thus far, Jones has lost a fight on a judge's score card (Santos)
- Does all this in the deepest division in MMA history

View attachment 723077

KWBrAhN.jpg

He's the greatest because inside the cage, he's looked the most dominant against the best competition. Period.

Quite frankly, I don't give a flying fuck about PEDs. His NC against DC doesn't factor in my opinion one way or the other. I think people care too much about drug use on these forums. For all the fights he didn't pop for, I consider those legit wins. That's just me.

Steroids don't make you a better fighter, so people need to tone bullshit down. Jones is easily one of the best MMA fighters we have ever seen. He is brutal, vicious, and makes MOST of his opponents look terrible. He has had some boring fights, some close fights, but most of his fights have been exciting and he's looking for the finish. His resume is amazing and he finished some amazing fighters...he also fought and won the LHW title after only 4 weeks from his last fight.

He has done some bonehead stuff and I personally don't think he's a good guy (but I've never met him IRL so I have on idea), but when it comes to MMA he's top 3 or better. I think Fedor and Anderson are up there as well...maybe GSP but I can't stand Georges "Safe" Pierre.

I think it was a very dirty sport back then. Between athletes getting BS TRT exemptions, and no USADA drug testing it was the wild fucking west..

Not everyone who thinks he’s the GOAT is a diehard fan.

I consider Jones the GOAT, but don’t think the reasons are as black and white as you’ve laid out.

1. I think Jones took steroids.
2. I think some amount of his opponents also took steroids.
3. I think Jones would still be extremely effective even without steroids.

But ultimately the reason I consider him the GOAT is that regardless of the extent to which statements 1-3 above are true, the only thing we know for certain is what happened inside the octagon. And Jones’ work inside the octagon is in my opinion the greatest we’ve ever seen.

I can argue that Jones might not be the GOAT without steroids, but that’s different than saying he’s not the GOAT.

Personally, I definitely think he's taken more than just steroids. However, that doesn't mean he isn't the most complete martial artist we've ever seen with also some of the most tailormade physical attributes for mma. With all that being said I believe that the majority of fighters have at the very least microdosed with SARMS, testosterone or other PEDs.

Back