If you really think about it, JDS is the worst matchup for Jones

ThiefofSouls

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
JDS's is same height but gives up some reach that I think would be negated as fast as JDS moves in and out.
+JDS better striker
+JDS will just pop back up if Jones is even able to take him down.
Worst possible matchup for Jones.

If Bobby could make 265 he would whip Bones,throw his meat at Bones...it wouldn't look good.

Yea, but if you reallllllly think about it. It's Cain.

JDS would be a real challenge. I'd love to see that fight.

Agreed.

Styles make fights and thats one fight Jon definitely doesnt want nor should he. Going up against a 'smaller/stronger' guy could make sense where as a 'bigger/stronger' guy would prove to be too much.

JDS is a bad match up.

But cain tkos jones inside 3 rounds

Not until JDS develops a clinch that has substance.

I agree TS. I think JDS would have a good chance at KOing Jones. However, Jones clinch and wall tactics might get the better of JDS as well.
Anyway I'd like to see that fight.

JDS's is same height but gives up some reach that I think would be negated as fast as JDS moves in and out.
+JDS better striker
+JDS will just pop back up if Jones is even able to take him down.
Worst possible matchup for Jones.

Don't get me wrong I love watching JDS compete, but have you ever seen him fight? He moves in straight lines, walks down his opponent and utilises a big power game.

He has some crisp boxing but he doesn't have very crisp movement to go along with it. I think this is a fight that Jon can control. He can dictate where the fight takes place and he can dictate the pace.

Outside a big bomb in the first few rounds I can't see JDS winning.

Are we talking about the current slow, plodding, zero defense JDS?

At this point Arlvoski would be tougher fight for Jones, as jones doesn't have the sort of power that gives AA trouble, and current AA is better than JDS everywhere besides chin.

Not until JDS develops a clinch that has substance.

Very true. Jones probably look to get him to the fence and clinch him and hit him with knees and elbows or something. IF he looks like the JDS who beat cain, I will give him the W. But the JDS that showed up against miocic, he will gas and probably look to win within the 1st round against jones.

He used to be. He's become rather sluggish after his wars with Cain. Doesn't have the same swift lethalness he used to possess.
Sorry to say I feel JDS is a shell of his former self. I think Jones wins rather handily.
Hate to bring in the whole prime talk, but JDS in his prime is quite the challenge for Jones.
Not anymore.

He used to be. He's become rather sluggish after his wars with Cain. Doesn't have the same swift lethalness you used to possess.
Sorry to say I feel JDS is a shell of his former self. I think Jones wins rather handily.
Hate to bring in the whole prime talk, but JDS in his prime is quite the challenge for Jones.

please ............no

giphy.gif

Cain > dc. and Dc was able to do well. Probably what rashad would have looked like had he not froze up

Cain never ragdolled anyone in his career. DC's wrestling is better than Cain's and their striking is around the same power. The only thing Cain has going for him against DC is cardio.

Cain never ragdolled anyone in his career. DC's wrestling is better than Cain's and their striking is around the same power. The only thing Cain has going for him against DC is cardio.

? Cains is better at every aspect in an mma fight.

Dc would not outwresetle cain in an mma fight.

Back