If you have multiple champs willing to "retire" isnt the time now to start a union?

Meathead Jock

WAR ASKREN
@Gold
Reaction score
Theyve failed in the past, but they never had the likes of a Cejudo, Jones and to a lesser extent BMF willing to sit out forever over contract issues.

In the past they had retired fighters and guys who werent champs with zero leverage.

Nah, a union would just have the highest paid lose money to compensate the lowest paid. The top fighters don't want any of that.

Any time is the time to start a union, but all fighters, and I mean ALL have to be on board and be willing to make significant sacrifices.

I don't think this shit is gonna happen in our lifetimes. :D

No, Unions do not really look at their members, they solely look at how much more money they can make... its a strange hostage situation, they are like legal hostage-takers where people voluntary get into the hostage situation, give them money, get stockholm-syndrom and cheer for them against the cops... very paradox

The previous one lasted 2 days

mmaaa-launch-photo.jpg

the guys on top don't need the union it would be for the guys on the bottom of the card

right now its the guys already getting paid the most arguing for more money

fuck em

the guys on top don't need the union it would be for the guys on the bottom of the card

right now its the guys already getting paid the most arguing for more money

fuck em

For some I agree. But guys like Triple C could benefit from one. Guys like Mighty Mouse could have. Long successful fighters who fail to reach popularity would benefit from a union. Basically any fighter who isn't "charismatic" would benefit.

lol, i remember that. Didn’t they end up joining the corporation?

Yep, it was all a front and a rehash of the world's oldest story: union leadership cavorting with the management.

Sports Contracts are individually negotiated. Union wouldn't work

If they did figure out a way, it wouldn't change much i.e. LeBron still gets a LeBron contract while old guys get Veterans Minimum

Back