If you had $1,000,000 what would you do for BJJ?

fuck all that noise yall are saying

i'd put it in a savings account.

how much interest do you earn on One Million Dollars (assuming a 4% interest rate, compounded monthly)?

One Day

It would need more money but I like to do a similar program like the sheik of AD.

I think he get about 30 BB to teach in local high schools and train at the ADCC clubs as well.

It would need more money but I like to do a similar program like the sheik of AD.

I think he get about 30 BB to teach in local high schools and train at the ADCC clubs as well.

haha, yeah the Sheik has A LOT more than just a million bucks... His father is the president, and he is among the wealthiest men in the world. Look at the Hotel and Tennis court the Vice President/Prime minister over there put together:

DesignVerb! – Burj Al Arab: Tennis Court in the Sky!

highesttennis07.jpg

highesttennis081.jpg

highesttennis01.jpg

I know 1 guy that he is gone to work for the sheik as a BJJ instructor and one more to follow.

They get a lot of money/acommodation/car/free trip back to Brasil.

They just have to teach 2 times per weeks in the local high school and train 2 times per week in the HQ.

Most of instructors enjoy their stay but complain about missing out on the girls!

That tennis court looks insane.

I thought it is a chopper landing space but was used for the TV ad.

that court is nuts. theres no fence ffs.

I would build a big ass bjj gym with huge ass living quarters attached for 100 people on some 5 star hotel type ish. With special accomidation rooms for the instructors of the month xD. Kinda like the training camps in thailand but a million dollar one.

Not only would that create a hotspot for top Jiujitsu for me to train but also generate cash and host tournaments xD.

that or i would have a big glass box floating over the ocean 100 storys up with trap doors that open randomly in the floor to train in.

i would open up many schools in the city and charge very little maybe like $1 a month and this would bring down the cost of bjj in the surrounding areas. in other words to crash the bjj market and make all of them silly "hey you traitor you only learn from me" instructors bankrupt or another way to look at it is to make bjj more affordable and accessible to all!

:icon_twis

haha, yeah the Sheik has A LOT more than just a million bucks... His father is the president, and he is among the wealthiest men in the world. Look at the Hotel and Tennis court the Vice President/Prime minister over there put together:

That pisses me off. Biggest waste of money ever. People like this could literally end most forms of human suffering like hunger, poverty, and disease with that much money, but they spend it on stupid shit just to show off how rich they are. And it's not like they worked for their money, they're just lucky sperm club members whose daddies claimed private ownership over a natural resource.

That pisses me off. Biggest waste of money ever. People like this could literally end most forms of human suffering like hunger, poverty, and disease with that much money, but they spend it on stupid shit just to show off how rich they are. And it's not like they worked for their money, they're just lucky sperm club members whose daddies claimed private ownership over a natural resource.

I think you should do a bit of reading before making such statement.

Charity
Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum has been known for his vast charitable donations. On May 19, 2007, he announced plans to give $10bn USD to set up the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Foundation, an educational foundation in the Middle East, one of the largest charitable donations in history.[11] Sheikh Mohammed stated that the money is meant to bridge the knowledge gap between the Arab region and the developed world, improving the standard of education and research in the region, developing leadership programs for youth, and stimulating job creation. The announcement was made at the 2007 World Economic Forum in Jordan. His total net worth at present, however, is said to be only $18bn.

One of the Foundation's key initiatives is Bayt Ul Hikma (Pages - home)

[edit] Dubai Cares

Charity
Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum has been known for his vast charitable donations. On May 19, 2007, he announced plans to give $10bn USD to set up the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Foundation, an educational foundation in the Middle East, one of the largest charitable donations in history.[11] Sheikh Mohammed stated that the money is meant to bridge the knowledge gap between the Arab region and the developed world, improving the standard of education and research in the region, developing leadership programs for youth, and stimulating job creation. The announcement was made at the 2007 World Economic Forum in Jordan. His total net worth at present, however, is said to be only $18bn.

[edit] Dubai Cares
which means the US cares. who do you think bought all that oil

I wouldn't feel safe playing on a tennis court that high. lol

Charity

[edit] Dubai Cares

Thanks, that's good to know. That money was earned by exploiting his country's oil reserves, so he should be sharing the wealth, and it sounds like he is. But it doesn't make the flying tennis court any less of a ridiculous waste of money. Do you see guys like Bill Gates or Warren Buffett, or even Donald Trump, as tasteless as he is, building crap like that?

Thanks, that's good to know. That money was earned by exploiting his country's oil reserves, so he should be sharing the wealth, and it sounds like he is. But it doesn't make the flying tennis court any less of a ridiculous waste of money. Do you see guys like Bill Gates or Warren Buffett, or even Donald Trump, as tasteless as he is, building crap like that?

The flying tennis court is lactually a landing space for a chopper which were used for a TV ad (I forgot which brand but could have been Nike).

Mikey was just making fun.

I really don't see where you're coming from on this one. Do you also hate the people who built the Eiffel tower in France, the Empire state building in NY, Mt. Rushmore, or how about Michelangelo's "David".

this is a "7 star" Hotel which is clearly an investment, and not a "waste". If he keeps making money from his investments he can keep giving it out to charities.

Last edited:
I'd probably buy a really nice gi and pay for an Australian and an English team of 20 or 30 people to train for and go to the Mundials 2011. The rest i'd spend on non BJJ stuff.

The US budget for defence spending for FY10 (including contingency) is $663.8 billion, or roughly enough to build 1020 Burj al Arabs. Funnily enough the people in control of that defence budget could also as you put it literally end most forms of human suffering like hunger, poverty, and disease with that much money, but they spend it on stupid shit just to show off how rich they are.

As JC once said: "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye."

Yeah... as if ANYTHING paid 4% interest anymore...

you can get 6% in Australia (granted that may include a time limited bonus or introductory rate but standard rates of 4%+ are easy to find).

Last edited:
Back