If you get busted taking PED then man up....but.......

Saku

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
In this Pod cast with Chael he says (about 30min) that Jon Jones should just man up and admit to taking PED's.

Hey I agree it gets pretty infuriating hearing all these bullshit stories when we know pretty much for sure they are taking.
BUT.... once you own up then there's going to be repercussions.

I think these guys are protecting their team, their trainers. Surely they are all in on it in some way, if someone actually admits to breaking the rules then there will have to be a full investigation and everyone is going down.

I'd almost go as far as UFC etc. actually encourage the guys to make up these phony stories as the best route once caught.

I'd be honest about it....

"Yes I took them. Everyone else takes them too. We are the toughest dudes on the planet fighting inside a cage while all of you people cheer when someone gets knocked unconscious. I'm going to continue to take them because if I don't then the odds are almost 100 % that I'm fighting a guy who is on something. So I'm going to protect myself and continue to use all the ped's I can find. Next time I'll try to hide it better. See you all in two years".

I'd be honest about it....

Yeah that would be the way to go, except there maybe consequences. "where did you get them, who gave them to you?"
At least with a silly story you can say you just used your asthma inhaler. If you admit to taking then surely Greg Jackson et al will be exposed.

In this Pod cast with Chael he says (about 30min) that Jon Jones should just man up and admit to taking PED's.

Hey I agree it gets pretty infuriating hearing all these bullshit stories when we know pretty much for sure they are taking.
BUT.... once you own up then there's going to be repercussions.

I think these guys are protecting their team, their trainers. Surely they are all in on it in some way, if someone actually admits to breaking the rules then there will have to be a full investigation and everyone is going down.

I'd almost go as far as UFC etc. actually encourage the guys to make up these phony stories as the best route once caught.

In Jones's case manning up and admitting it will cut two years off his suspension.

I'd just tell them to piss off and not give anyone up. I suppose they can try to do what they did to Wandy and put in some ridiculous suspension, but I'd tell them to kick rocks and go fight in Japan. It may be a bit less money than I'd make in the ufc, but it would still be plenty and I wouldn't have to deal with usada.

Fighters don't have to play these games. Japan and Russia exist. Go fight there for good paydays, and far less bullshit.

I'd just tell them to piss off and not give anyone up. I suppose they can try to do what they did to Wandy and put in some ridiculous suspension, but I'd tell them to kick rocks and go fight in Japan. It may be a bit less money than I'd make in the ufc, but it would still be plenty and I wouldn't have to deal with usada.

Fighters don't have to play these games. Japan and Russia exist. Go fight there for good paydays, and far less bullshit.
Wandy was different though, he didn't piss hot, he literally ran away from a test. There's no excuse for that.

They way I see it, people who want to believe you're a cheater will believe it no matter what you say.

People who want to believe you're not will look for any excuse, so if you play the victim, odds are some of your fans will believe it just because they want to.

Wandy was different though, he didn't piss hot, he literally ran away from a test. There's no excuse for that.
The story i've heard was that a random guy showed up to Wandy's house and asked him for his blood and to pee in a cup. This guy had no ID and no real evidence that he does it for a living.

Wandy just told him his own rights. Different from running away.

The story i've heard was that a random guy showed up to Wandy's house and asked him for his blood and to pee in a cup. This guy had no ID and no real evidence that he does it for a living.

Wandy just told him his own rights. Different from running away.
He showed up to the gym and was havong the credentials brought over. Wandy ducked out the back door.

He showed up to the gym and was havong the credentials brought over. Wandy ducked out the back door.
Chael discredited this didn't he? Told the story on a podcast that Wandy didnt jump out of a window, but just rather was confused and wouldnt piss in the cup until he figured out who this guy was.

Chael discredited this didn't he? Told the story on a podcast that Wandy didnt jump out of a window, but just rather was confused and wouldnt piss in the cup until he figured out who this guy was.
Yep, and Chael doesn't like Wanderlei either. I truly believe what Chael said about it.

How was this screen name available in 2015?

Yep, and Chael doesn't like Wanderlei either. I truly believe what Chael said about it.
That's not accurate at all. He literally ran away from the drug test because he was taking diuretics and admitted doing so.

Source:http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/1...ed-three-years-for-evading-may-2014-drug-test

Oh come on, Chael. We all know you loved that "Thai sex drug" excuse Anderson gave. If you're gonna get busted and then deny using PEDs, either come clean or get creative with your excuses. We won't believe your ridiculous excuses, but at least they're more entertaining than "tainted supplements"

That's not what happened

Chael explains this on the Rogan podcast recently.

That's not what happened

Chael explains this on the Rogan podcast recently.
There's a source i posted with the information available to you a few posts up. It's exactly what happened and silva admitted to doing it.

There's a source i posted with the information available to you a few posts up. It's exactly what happened and silva admitted to doing it.
Eh I don't know about that article. It doesn't contradict Chaels account. And Chael has no reason to stand up for Wand.

I'm gonna go with what makes sense.

I think it is similar to the court of law thing.

You go to court, and when you are asked to plead, you are instructed IF YOU ARE NOT 100% positive, than plead NOT GUILTY. It is the states responsibility to prove you guilt beyond a reasonable shadow of a doubt.

Unlike courts however it doesn't seem like the AC's or the USADA play the plea bargain game, and the punishment is the same admitting guilt with an explanation as it is to have them go through the entire process.

Eh I don't know about that article. It doesn't contradict Chaels account. And Chael has no reason to stand up for Wand.

I'm gonna go with what makes sense.
That's cool. I followed the story as i lived in vegas at the time and Wandy admitted to it at the hearing, which is why he initially recieved a lifetime ban, later reduced to 3 years.

Back