If you dropped these All Time greats in the sport today, how would they do?

i am not sure about that. it is claimed that people like walter johnson could throw just as hard as guys today do. and babe was still having to hit it as far as guys do today to get a hr. so how much different was it? and you forgot the biggest difference in comparing yourself to babe. you used an aluminum bat.

ipnxliahvt05c1.gif

Woah you almost had that one babe! lol

He'd be a nobody today, that doesn't take away from him being a damn legend in the 1920's but just like Jim Thorpe, he'd be hilariously outclassed by today's athlete's.

ipnxliahvt05c1.gif

He'd be a nobody today, that doesn't take away from him being a damn legend in the 1920's but just like Jim Thorpe, he'd be hilariously outclassed by today's athlete's.

big difference between thorpe and ruth. thorpe had to compete against those guys directly. ruth wouldnt have to hit those guys, run around them, etc. sure he would have to run, but he could certainly match david ortiz. all he has to do is hit a ball. i think your assumption that he would have no clue how to hit at all is ridiculous. as i said all accounts say that Walter Johnson had the same kind of stuff as todays pitchers have. so it wasnt like he was hitting off a tee. he also hit home runs as far as guys of today hit. in that gif, you are basically saying he couldnt hit the ball out of the infield

Today's pitchers would merk Babe Ruth

big difference between thorpe and ruth. thorpe had to compete against those guys directly. ruth wouldnt have to hit those guys, run around them, etc. sure he would have to run, but he could certainly match david ortiz. all he has to do is hit a ball. i think your assumption that he would have no clue how to hit at all is ridiculous. as i said all accounts say that Walter Johnson had the same kind of stuff as todays pitchers have. so it wasnt like he was hitting off a tee. he also hit home runs as far as guys of today hit. in that gif, you are basically saying he couldnt hit the ball out of the infield

What I was saying is he couldn't hit the ball at all lol. Read up on Walter Johnson, it's reported that his max velocity was around 91-92 mph, and he was the preeminent power pitcher of his time, that's slower than a prime Tom Glavine lol.

David Ortiz is such a better hitter than Ruth it's not even funny.

Here's your hero, looking like a regular joe at a family picnic

BabeRuth-ShadowBall.jpg

Here's a 6'4 230+lbs juiced up modern day lab experiment

7d4183_5e43cedb666846bb906e9b4f232b5b2b.gif

There's simply no comparison...

What I was saying is he couldn't hit the ball at all lol. Read up on Walter Johnson, it's reported that his max velocity was around 91-92 mph, and he was the preeminent power pitcher of his time, that's slower than a prime Tom Glavine lol.

David Ortiz is such a better hitter than Ruth it's not even funny.

Here's your hero, looking like a regular joe at a family picnic

BabeRuth-ShadowBall.jpg

Here's a 6'4 230+lbs juiced up modern day lab experiment

7d4183_5e43cedb666846bb906e9b4f232b5b2b.gif

There's simply no comparison...
i dont even know why i bother to try to have a rational conversation with people on these boards. everyone has to be a dick. i never said he was my hero. i said he would be like rob deer. not exactly god like. but fuck, you played d-1 baseball and you think that makes you something special.

as for johnson, way to cherry pick that speed from one source. i got this source as well.

"Obviously there were not radar guns in Johnson's day, but two experiments clocked Johnson's fastball at 134 feet per second and 99.7 MPH."

but of course you probably think they threw it underhand.

I like to think about the reverse. Could you take a current athlete and put them back in the day, would they be able to cope.

Before you LOL at the idea, keep in mind that players used to have much shittier equipment, less effective drugs, less effective rehab and they traveled by train or bus. I think a lot of modern athletes would lose their shit at carrying their own bags and riding the train.

I know no one gives shit about cycling but I highly doubt even one current pro cyclist could finish a Tour de France run in the 40s of 50s. Unpaved roads, 500km stages, carrying your own spare tire ---- the whole fucking race was much tougher.

Not true. Jacky Durand could have ridden in the past with all the breaks he went on. There are guys now ,likely strong worker guys, who can't win much now because there isn't one thing they are excellent at but can hammer day after day. I would put guys like in that category would be Sagan, Durand, Sean Yates, Porte, PVP, Cadel Evans, Voigt, valverde, Sartre, voeckler. There are a lot of others and I don't know there names but there would be a lot of new names near the front. The guys who can do it are likely pros but just riding a race that doesn't match their style. I do think consistent gc guys are usually built for this.

Last edited:
ipnxliahvt05c1.gif

You can't teach a good eye. Better training and nutrition would make them better now but you can't claim that they would get blown away. They were already the top 0.0001% of everyone.

Wilt would still be a beast. Possibly still an all time great.

I always hear Wilt was a beast of a atlethe not just a great basketball player.

I think he would actually be better overall basketball player with modern training and competiiton even if he was unable to match his stats in the modern game.

Fat people can succed in baseball.

david-wells-06.jpg

Jimmie Foxx was not a better player than Ruth.

tumblr_inline_nxj0d2pKNS1sbrjwg_500.jpg

Baseball jsut cant be compared to other sports based o

I always hear Wilt was a beast of a atlethe not just a great basketball player.

I think he would actually be better overall basketball player with modern training and competiiton even if he was unable to match his stats in the modern game.

d39f8f5ea396b8fd55d6044f10ce593e.jpg

highjump.jpg

1-2-13F9-25-ExplorePAHistory-a0l0v1-a_349.jpg

5_1385422244_b3b34cffd6d824132bd213f7b73b76dc.jpg

Wilt-Chamberlain.jpg

G4lyU.jpg

the-big-dipper.jpg

%2528Wilt%2520Javale%2520Dwight%2520Scale%2529.jpg

tumblr_m30mltWhbB1r7iczwo1_1280.jpg

1960%20Chamberlain%20team%20issue.jpg

&

wilt-chamberlain-philadelphia-goes-up-high-to-snag-a-rebound-in-the-picture-id518538701

3B2Vs.png

1416806232_extras_noticia_foton_7_0.jpg

5c2a1c62f5e4aa57a3c316f352059ada.jpg

Gretzky would still be a hof player.

Babe wouldn't make the MLB

Wilt would be a 10/10 type guy

Brown would be a top 5 rb, dude was a specimen same as Wilt

Anyone that thinks babe Ruth would stand a chance in today's league deserves to be Old Yellered.

Back