If you don't tap to the guillotine....(video)

JKDilla

White Belt
Reaction score
Why would not tap when caught? Is it disrespectful not to tap when you're caught. I mean, do competitors believe they get "cool" points for not tapping? I think it's stupid.

I tell my friends it's not as bad as it looks. But seriously, give your opponent credit and tap. You don't prove anything by passing out or having your limb broken/hyperextended.

YouTube - Jason Graves guillotine Howard Clark

me I like to fight the choke as long as I can, if I can tap I can fight

never been choked out in comp

passing out and pissing your pants does not make you look cool.

me I like to fight the choke as long as I can, if I can tap I can fight

never been choked out in comp

Yeah, I'm all about fighting the choke for as long as possible. But there's a point where you know you can't get out, and thus you tap. I dunno, I know there's a point where I'm like, "I have no other options, I'll give the giu his victory, he deserves it for catching me and doing the technique where it can't be countered."

I see going out instead of tapping as kinda disrespectful. I think it's like saying, "You caught and you're gonna win, but f*ck it I won't give you your moment of victory."

often to stop defending to tap, gives that extra millimeter for the choek to work

Looks like he was trying to escape when he blacked out. It happens. Sometimes you think you are okay and then...

I'd tap, I have no problem with that. My brain is kinda addicted to oxygen though, I admit it.

That ref sucks. He should have tapped on the guy or said something to him to make sure he's awake.

If you think you can get out, I think it's OK to keep attempting to escape...

On the other hand- I trsain with a guy who often won;t tap even if I have him securely caught in a submission. I hate it- I'm not going to hurt him or "put him to sleep" so I usually let go of the sub and mover to something else. Annoying.

If you think you can get out, I think it's OK to keep attempting to escape...

On the other hand- I trsain with a guy who often won;t tap even if I have him securely caught in a submission. I hate it- I'm not going to hurt him or "put him to sleep" so I usually let go of the sub and mover to something else. Annoying.

This is the worst because it teaches you bad habits and them bad habits. For you, it hurts your ability to feel when you truly have something locked in or not, for them it gives a false sense of ability when someone not so nice comes along and tears their shoulder, neck, knee or arm off.

Why would not tap when caught? Is it disrespectful not to tap when you're caught.

No it isn't. Sounds like you're afraid by not tapping they'll get out of your guillotine. If you have the guillotine and you know you will finish, you shouldn't worry about their stupidity by not tapping.

Why would not tap when caught? Is it disrespectful not to tap when you're caught. I mean, do competitors believe they get "cool" points for not tapping? I think it's stupid.

I tell my friends it's not as bad as it looks. But seriously, give your opponent credit and tap. You don't prove anything by passing out or having your limb broken/hyperextended.

It's not disrespectful, and its A LOT different than not tapping to a RNC or an armbar. There is a lot higher percent chance of escaping a guillotine.

True about escaping. I just know the moment my head starts feeling light I immediately tap.

I train with two guys who have been grappling for like 30 years each and neither of them has ever tapped to a choke or been choked out in tons of Shia, submission tournaments etc., the only way to find out how good your neck is...is to refuse to tap even when it seems like you are stuck. Some guys just have thick necks or something and are very difficult to put to sleep.

There is no shame to tapping to guillotines. I know a lot of people don't like it, but they are very much a "go sleepy-bye if you don't tap" submission, like the video shows.

idk if im in a choke i go until i nearly pass out like the tunnel vision part then i say "u got me" and tap

Back