If you don't respect both guys after that fight, please reconsider watching MMA

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by TrumanBurbank, Sep 22, 2013.

1. TrumanBurbank

TrumanBurbank Green Belt

One of the best fights I have ever seen. And I have seen a ton. Holy shit JBJ, Alex!
    Unless one of them commits a felony, I will be a fan of both for life.

Sweet Jesus, what a fight.

2. Rucks

Rucks Blue Belt

But the theme of the night is shitting on the judges or Jones' aura. Try this post again tomorrow.

(I'm a huge fan of Gus after this fight, and I'm a "ride-or-die" Jones fan)

3. feedhimbrah

feedhimbrah Orange Belt

Much respect for both guys! Epic fight!
    I am now a huge Gus fan too however although I respect Jones as a fighter and think he showed tremendous heart tonight, I still cant say I'm a fan of his. He's great to watch fight but the guy just has an attitude problem.

4. The DanaWhite

The DanaWhite Purple Belt

Feed him brah your just a hater man. How does he have an attitude problem. Hes a fighter and a champ at that. If anyone can talk it's him. Name one thing he has said that many other fighters havnt said that you don't like.

5. MarcusAurelius

MarcusAurelius Green Belt

Perhaps the only reasonable post I've seen tonight regarding the fight.

This may have been the fight of the year. Both Jones and Gustafsson showed tremendous heart. People wanted so badly for Jones to lose, that the fight itself went completely over their heads. Jones earned the decision, albeit by a narrow margin.

No matter how much of a show Jones puts on, he will be shit on by the public. There are some self-proclaimed MMA fans (on these forums, especially) that should stick to soap operas and WWE.

6. The DanaWhite

Yea people just love to hate. People who are great in all sports including team sports all have lots of god given talent but it's mostly hard work, mind set, and dedication and I don't see how you cannot respect that. Anyone who hates on Jones please tell me something he has said or done that any other fighter hasn't done. Get off your soap.boxes

7. Morozevich

Morozevich Brown Belt

So if they do something inconceivably wrong in the eyes of the US government, you will cease to be their fan?

Who the fuck cares if they end up committing a felony? Any poster on Sherdog has the potential to become a felon if they were put into the wrong situation. I don't care how "good" you are.

8. bLikeWater

bLikeWater Orange Belt

Love both guys. Jones is legitimate really humble and a good dude. Problem is, he's a lot smarter than most fans, and he doesn't bother to dumb himself down, and many of the personality-types that are drawn to mma, are also the types to get angry when they get confused. So Jones says something like 'I envision myself as the greatest fighter ever' and those of us with comprehension skills and a basic understanding of how one develops and maintains self-confidence, are like 'awesome, this kid's got his head on right.' Meanwhile, there's this whole other group that thinks what Jones just said was 'I am the greatest fighter ever' and decide he's a prick, and then, having once formed an opinion, just stubbornly stick to it, despite any further evidence that may arise. To be fair, this kind of shit probably happens in all sports.

9. The DanaWhite

Exactly who hasn't made Mistakes. These guys are real people

10. trott

trott Green Belt

agreed. there are some fucktards on this site.

11. The DanaWhite

Preach. How can you not respect that man. What he has done in a short amount of time is nothing short of astonishing

12. Ughugh

Ughugh Banned Banned

Absolutely. I wholeheartedly thought Alex won the fight but my respect for Jon increased like a 1000% percent. What a warrior.

Now watch him ruin it with some stupid, disrespectful comment... :wink: