If you don't buy this PPV, either you aren't fight fan or you're broke.

I pay it forward buy going to 4-5 live events a year. Buying a ppv not so much. It's 2015 time for a new business model!

wow. is this because the UFC is not so popular yet in the UK so they don't do PPVs? or does UK not have any PPV events for legal/technical or other reasons?

I cannot really tell, to be honest. Probably because it's not that popular and not many ppl would buy is my guess.

Also, BT don't really have pre-fight/post-fight shows, own studio dedicated to UFC discussion or anything like that. Basically they just broadcast 1:1 from the American TVs (Fox, right?) with Rogan and Goldberg's commentary and UFC shows. The truth is that they are fighting with Sky Sports for market share and their goal is to be the "sports TV in UK" so they broadcast everything sport-related they can get their hands on - UFC, Bundesliga, Italian football, few games from Premiership, MotoGP, etc. UFC is part of the programme because they want to have quantity as Sky have sunk their teeth deep into the greatest sporting possession in the UK - English Premier League (football. Soccer for you guys)

Well I'm broke but happy I didn't pay for this card so far

The holidays have me broke so I'm watching it on my bt sport account while using a UK VPN. Is it illegal? I have no idea.

wow. is this because the UFC is not so popular yet in the UK so they don't do PPVs? or does UK not have any PPV events for legal/technical or other reasons?

Its because the fights dont start til midnight here.

Try convincing people to pay anything extra for a main event at 5.30am on a Sunday morning

Or you don't want to support the UFC's shitty PPV's because you remember a time when they were waaaaaay better due to a lack of monopoly.

I should have spent the $60 on a fleshlight.

So happy I decided to stream this. Its been a snoozefest thus far

Thank god we get this for free over here.

A horrifying night for MMA.

And I can imagine all the people that are showing their friends the UFC for the first time. How miserable must those people be now?

Jones and Cormier better deliver.

This card is pretty boring so far..

Tell me about it. The atmosphere is like that of kids soccer game. Crowd is even booing. Them commentating is also making me want to fall asleep.

All I can see is boos from the crowd, the trainers/coach tell instructions and an annoying women yelling out crap.

Thank god we get this for free over here.

A horrifying night for MMA.

And I can imagine all the people that are showing their friends the UFC for the first time. How miserable must those people be now?

Jones and Cormier better deliver.

Yeah, I was just thinking that. If Jones ends up dominating DC into a boring Glover-style bout, this would have be an incredibly disappointing card.

and this is why I stream ppvs. a bunch of boring fights so far zzzZzzzzzZz

Its because the fights dont start til midnight here.

Try convincing people to pay anything extra for a main event at 5.30am on a Sunday morning

oh makes sense. i forgot about time difference. ha 4:30am! tough to stay up that late even if this was free!

I bought it only for the main event. I'm dvr'ing it on my way home from a friends house after watching the NFL playoffs.

This....

This card could have been filled with an hour of Kalib Starnes highlights and it would have been worth it with Jones/Cormier

This mentality is the problem and exactly why Dana and the Fertitto Bros keep giving us these cards with one good fight.

People will bitch like crazy after this card but who buys these cards for the undercard? If you buy a Mayweather fight you're not going to complain when a few of the undercard fights are bad.

This crowd doesn't help matters either.

Back