If you could tell McGregor one thing to beat Poirier

"More movement" sounds good but requires better cardio to maintain. So it goes back to his cardio.

Go balls to the wall in the first round because you're not winning a prolonged fight

Break Dustin's shin with a well timed and placed block and... *coach Edmond voice* HEAD MOVEMENT, HEAD MOVEMENT, HEAD MOVEMENT!!!!!

You can throw kicks too this isn’t a boxing fight

What would be the one piece of advice you'd give Conor to beat Dustin in the rubber match?

I know everyone is going to say to check the leg kicks but I think I would tell Conor to throw more of his own kicks whether they be to the legs or the body.

Full disclosure - I dislike McGregor and Poirier is my favorite fighter.

So rather than state my 'advice' for McGregor I'll state my advice to Poirier for what my biggest fear McGregor might do.

And this would have been my advice in the rematch as well.

Conor's style and muscle mass is perfect for fast and powerful strikes and his quick and illusive body movement and footwork. But his endurance is horrible and is significantly weakened by the second half of the first round if he's pressured.

The worst case scenario for Poirier and highest probability for Conor to win is for Conor to blitz him in the opening minute for a quick win.

it seems as if conor has stopped training with real fighters. thats what he needs, is some real competitive training.

Do exactly what he did his whole career: swing for the fences in R1/R2 hoping to get a KO. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

I don't think there is anything more to it and we all know that Conor generally has no hope to win past R2...

Train with max in Thailand. That was his secret for his crazy recent performance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back