If you could tell McGregor one thing to beat Poirier

Go back to the loose, intelligent cocky, relaxed kickboxing/karate style to set up his powerful punches that we saw work for him many times in the past

Do what he did to Cerrone. Either the shoulder strikes work or gas out and lose again

Pull out widda bro'en fewt or a broosed reeb

I agree with this assessment 100%

Later Firas gets into describing the "neurological price" guys with good reflexes pay for that ability and he talks about how every fighter has their own gift and that they come at a price. I agree with him here and I think it's one of the most overlooked aspects not just in fighting but in the realm of like motivation and life advice too.

There's too many one size fit's all prescriptions on how to fix your life and find success. A lot of it comes from guys with a grit/hard work/ grind mentality. They might have certain strengths that contribute to that style and success, like big joints that can take the abuse and not give out that they take for granted and overlook when they talk about the subject.

Stephen Thompson already said in an interview that he needs to move in and out like he used to. And rely more on counter striking.

Shoot for a takedown right off the bat. Poirier will never see it coming and there's no way anything could go wrong

instead of spending half your time talking shit, spend that time doing something actually useful, like train

Go back to the loose, intelligent cocky, relaxed kickboxing/karate style to set up his powerful punches that we saw work for him many times in the past

This ^

The last 2 times we saw Conor fight intelligently and with the style that got him famous were vs Diaz 2 and vs Alvarez.

Since then he's fallen in love with his hands too much. The flat-footed style against Dustin was a foolish game plan. And he's put on bad bulk weight, which further erodes his cardio.

Stop acting like a boxer.

Conor isn't a boxer, he's an MMA fighter. His style in MMA was never truly boxing. His success came from his karate style stance and being light on his feet. That helped him be elusive and manage distance amazingly well. In the Dustin fight, he came out standing like a boxer, with a wide and heavy stance. There's no evidence he has ever had success with this style, and he should not use it. He should go back to fighting the way that won him belts.

This ^

The last 2 times we saw Conor fight intelligently and with the style that got him famous were vs Diaz 2 and vs Alvarez.

Since then he's fallen in love with his hands too much. The flat-footed style against Dustin was a foolish game plan. And he's put on bad bulk weight, which further erodes his cardio.
Whilst financially and for fame the Maywether fight was a blessing, it was also curse in McGregor getting way to confident and therefore over reliant in his boxing. Don’t get me wrong, he’s a great a boxer compared to the vast majority of UFC fighters, but MMA is so much more than your hands, as we saw in the Khabib and Dustin fights

His pick:
maxresdefault.jpg

Back