If you could show Sherdoggers from 5-10 years ago one gif, what would it be?

I'm very sane my friend, Shogun got destroyed for 3.75 rounds.

You can keep saying it but it doesn't make it true. If only that were true, right. And what we'll always go into... if he was owned for 3 rounds, and then we're still going to have to talk about how 70 punches and 20+ significant strikes vs 8-and-0, plus 10 offensive position changes and never losing top positions.... equals a 10-8, or by definition of the rules, a 10-7.

But lets be honest, you won't want to talk about that. Because it ruins your narrative :)

Just one gif? Hmmmm...
Homer+Simpson+-+Thinking.gif

In before someone bumps this thread in 2018.

I wouldn't mind showing them this gif at all. This will point out to them that unlike what many of you guys would like us to believe Hendo was not out on his feet. He was very much alert and returning h bombs.

I'm very sane my friend, Shogun got destroyed for 3.75 rounds.

You aren't insane but you have an unhealthy habit of trying to criticize Shogun.

The fight was back and forth the entire time Except the 5th round.

Henderson won rounds 1-3
Shogun won round 4 and 5. Round 5 could have easily been 10-8 which would have made it a draw.

It was a great fight in where neither fighter's stock should have went down (Like Forrest-Bonnar 1) regardless of who got the W

These rounds that Henderson won don't sound 1 sided to me. Even the the 1st round was back and forth. They both knocked each other down.

(Parts of Round 1)

Henderson, who grabs a front headlock and seems near to submitting the Brazilian. Rua survives, only to be bombarded by a flurry from Henderson against the cage. Shogun emerges steady but bloodied, walking Henderson to the other side of the cage, where he’s dropped. Henderson shoves Rua to the ground from the clinch and walks off.

Henderson is in trouble after taking a right hook behind the ear, on his knees, defending an onslaught from Rua. He gets to his feet and goes back to looking for the right hand while Rua begins stringing combinations together. Rua comes inside with a flurry and clinches Henderson into the cage with 30 seconds to go, then finishes the round kneeing at the American’s legs.

Round 2
They take the center of the Octagon. Rua lands an overhand right. The two exchange jabs before clinching. Rua presses Henderson against the fence and works knees to Henderson’s legs. They separate. Henderson rushes in and lands a big uppercut and right hand. Rua covers up and lands a right hand counter. They both miss with big right hands. Rua lands a combination. Rua pushes forward with arm punches and presses Henderson against the fence. Henderson spins him and lets his hands go. Rua responds with punches. They clinch. Henderson is pressing Rua against the cage and landing knees to the Brazilian legs. The referee separates them. Rua lands a right hand. They’re standing toe-to-toe and throwing bombs. Henderson lands a couple of dirty boxing uppercuts. The round ends

Round 3
Henderson presses forward, landing an uppercut but gets staggered by a counter right hand. Rua tries to take Henderson down but Henderson defends it. Henderson lands a huge right hand that knocks Rua down. He swoops in to finish with a series of punches. Rua is in trouble. Rua attacks a leg at the midway mark in the round. Henderson frees himself and both fighters are back on their feet. Shogun is a bloody mess. They clinch with Rua presses for a single leg takedown. Henderson lands short eblows to the side of his head. Rua gets the takedown and lands several right hands. Henderson stands and Rua takes his back. Henderson looks up at the clock. Rua peppers his body with punches. Rua lands a combination as they break. The round ends.

You can keep saying it but it doesn't make it true. If only that were true, right. And what we'll always go into... if he was owned for 3 rounds, and then we're still going to have to talk about how 70 punches and 20+ significant strikes vs 8-and-0, plus 10 offensive position changes and never losing top positions.... equals a 10-8, or by definition of the rules, a 10-7.

If the fight ended after round 3 we would all be calling this a blow out. Shogun didn't swing the fight in his direction until about 1:30 in the 4th. Thems is facts. Add these two facts together and what you get is Henderson dominated the first 3 and and 3/4ths rounds of the fight...ie 3.75.

But lets be honest, you won't want to talk about that. Because it ruins your narrative :)

I would sit here all day and discuss this fight with you but I have a feeling your patience would run out before mine. And give me a little credit here man. I argue my case because that is what I believe...not because I like the narrative.

If that fight would have been scored anything other than a victory for Hendo it would have been a travesty :D

Can't decide between Mir submitting Big Nog, Mir knocking out Big Nog, or Mir knocking out Cro Cop.

sofia-milk.gif

1_123125_123050_2240796_2270148_101012_cb_animatedgifofchristinahendricksbutt.gif

Well you didn't say it was MMA related only!

You aren't insane but you have an unhealthy habit of trying to criticize Shogun.

The fight was back and forth the entire time Except the 5th round.

Henderson won rounds 1-3
Shogun won round 4 and 5. Round 5 could have easily been 10-8 which would have made it a draw.

It was a great fight in where neither fighter's stock should have went down (Like Forrest-Bonnar 1) regardless of who got the W

These rounds that Henderson won don't sound 1 sided to me. Even the the 1st round was back and forth. They both knocked each other down.

(Parts of Round 1)

Round 2

Round 3

Well the first thing I noticed is the complete omission of the first knockdown and the 16 punch flurry Henderson threw at the beginning of round one.

And at no point in the 2nd round were they standing toe to toe throwing bombs. Dan was throwing bombs and Shogun was recieving them you could say.

And thanks for acknowledging my sanity, preciate cha!

Well the first thing I noticed is the complete omission of the first knockdown and the 16 punch flurry Henderson threw at the beginning of round one.

And at no point in the 2nd round were they standing toe to toe throwing bombs. Dan was throwing bombs and Shogun was recieving them you could say.

And thanks for acknowledging my sanity, preciate cha!

funny thing is, you're both right.

1. if it were over in 3 rounds it would be considered a blow out - TRUE (not that it matters much)
2. Hendo was winning for 3.something rounds (i'd say 3, some would say 3.75) - TRUE
3. it could easily have been a draw - TRUE (5 of 7 PBP's i saw had it a draw)
4. it was not a blowout - TRUE (it was almost a draw, and almost everyone (virtually everyone) had it 3 rounds to 2)

but since both of you are dodging the points that work against your argument and highlighting the ones that work for your argument, it's hard to see.

Hendo won a close fight against Shogun. it was a great fight. Shogun doesn't suck. Hendo lost a close fight against Rampage. Hendo doesn't suck. it was a decent fight. these 6 statements are not mutually exclusive.

funny thing is, you're both right.

1. if it were over in 3 rounds it would be considered a blow out - TRUE
2. Hendo was winning for 3.something rounds (i'd say 3, some would say 3.75) - TRUE
3. it could easily have been a draw - TRUE (5 of 7 PBP's i saw had it a draw)
4. it was not a blowout - TRUE (it was almost a draw, and most had it 3 rounds to 2)

but since both of you are dodging the points that work against your argument and highlighting the ones that work for your argument, it's hard to see.

I have acknowledged that you can make an argument for the fight being a draw(a pretty weak one but still). But that is strictly based on one interpretation of the judging criteria NOT based on any real and honest analysis of the fight.

The fact that such a one sided fight could end up being a draw highlights the problem with our judging criteria if anything.

I have acknowledged that you can make an argument for the fight being a draw(a pretty weak one but still). But that is strictly based on one interpretation of the judging criteria NOT based on any real and honest analysis of the fight.

The fact that such a one sided fight could end up being a draw highlights the problem with our judging criteria if anything.

not "a pretty weak one but still". a very legit one. would it be as silly as Rampage v Machida (which i think was awarded correctly)? yup. so i guess we agree again, except for the semantics.

still, your "but he was crushing for 3.5 rounds" is just as invalid a point as those you're calling bogus on, from another eye of another beholder.

wtf am i arguing about this for? lol c ya.

Doesn't get any better than this.

Before this fight, anyone who dared say Mir has better BJJ than Nog would get unanimously laughed at and banished from the thread by all the elitists talk about how Mir lacks fundamentals/was controlled by Brock therefore he sucks/only beat overrated UFC HW's etc

Every top fighter loses eventually. That doesn't mean that they were overrated you clown.

What do you think about Fedor beating the top UFC HWs that were in the same era as he was? (Tim and Arlovski)

What does that say about the UFC HWs before the Pride buyout?

Were fighters like Chuck and Tito overrated?

Chuck went 1-5 in his last 6 with 4 KO losses in that span
Tito went 1-7-1 in his last 9

Of course not. They did what every top MMA fighter has done. They declined after taking years of abuse. It will happen to guys like Jon Jones one day too.

Jones takes little to no punishment in fights, and he should have similar if not better longevity like AS, but the rest is obviously true.

I'd probably show them a gif of 70 lbs heavier Overeem liverkicking the shit out of a WWE clown in a cage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back