*If you could only watch one for the next 10 years, which would you choose: Football or MMA?*

MMA, though I have a hard time these days really giving a fuck about sports. The Astros have a shot to make it to the series and I haven't watched a single game lol. MMA still really intrigues me when it's a good matchup, still a lot less bs than other sports. Two guys, one cage, one winner. Usually it's pretty simple that way

MMA

I only watch my home town NFL team and it'll probably be another 10 years before they're worth watching anyways. I enjoy watching MMA no matter who is on the card or even who the promotion is putting on the event.
Cleveland?

MMA. Even with losing interest in the over saturation of the sport, I still find it more interesting than Football.

Lol. No. It's the exact opposite. It's 12 seconds of action, with 2 mins of downtime.
Well shit its still the most exciting sport to me. They dont make you bored you anticipate every down, its great, the suspense waiting those few minutes,
MMA can get boring, just like with boxing, I need some build up and hype and attachment and familiarity with the fighters and boxers to get up for those fights.

So NFL Football isn't fast paced? it doesn't constantly change from down to down?
The only time football could possibly be considered "fast paced" is at the end of the game with the trailing team having the ball with no timeouts. Basketball is fast paced. Soccer is fast paced. Not even close.

MMA. I don't watch Football.

People who like American football should check out World Cup rugby, which is going on now in Japan. It's what football started out as, and a much more fast paced and interesting game, IMO. I think MMA fans would appreciate it.

NFL Football

My favorite over all sports is NCAA Basketball. It's hard to beat March Madness.

The only time football could possibly be considered "fast paced" is at the end of the game with the trailing team having the ball with no timeouts. Basketball is fast paced. Soccer is fast paced. Not even close.
Basketball and soccer bore me its weird and I used to love basketball as a kid now I only watch the 4th quarter. I guess you need a bit of breaks and suspense and build up, too much non stop action can be boring in sports, like Soccer they are just running around and dont score for a while. in Football they will call a huddle and do amazing plays, or breakaway runs and get you think what is their next play going to be.

you get a build up, its not slow like baseball or non stop like soccer, but its the right blend is what im getting at. I guess the fast paced is the end when they are down and they hurry up offense and have to manage the clock

but football is the perfect blend

you get everything drama, suspense, action.

NFL Football

My favorite over all sports is NCAA Basketball. It's hard to beat March Madness.
This is funny, because I cant stand NBA basketball but ill watch NCAA basketball very weird. I think it has to do with the diva attitudes of the current NBA players, they are social media whores and just pose on court no more hustle.

Charles Barkley said it best when you pay a guy 100 million why does he even have to try anymore? I miss the old school 90s era basketball, when they used to play with passion and fast break action. Now these guys just care more about their tattoos and if they will look good on the court with saggy shorts.

Football.
MMA has manufactured matchups, Football has forced ones. You don't ever have to wonder why The Bears are dodging the 49ers or whatever the fuck, or why Dana gave the Bears an immediate rematch when they didn't deserve one.

MMA. Never been able to sit through a single football game, so nothing of value would be lost.

Football.
MMA has manufactured matchups, Football has forced ones. You don't ever have to wonder why The Bears are dodging the 49ers or whatever the fuck, or why Dana gave the Bears an immediate rematch when they didn't deserve one.
I'm an MMA fan all the way, but that is one of my biggest problems with the sport. A guy goes on a long winning streak but gets passed over for an undeserving but more popular fighter. See it all the time. It's not a true sport, but I wish it was.

Back