if you could only take 3 supps......

That post didn't really say much, Fatty; in fact, it sounded like a guy selling glutamine.

I know for a fact you're a guy that's completely up to speed on supplements---are you actually supplementing with glutamine??

No, I'm not. I came across it the other day when I was researching leucine and I figured I'd post it as food for thought. Definitely not meant to express my own opinion.

He mentioned gut health and interestingly enough, I've often heard glutamine mentioned as being beneficial for people w/ Crohns or Colitis. If I were affected by such a disease, I might be interested in looking into it a bit more, but as a healthy gutted human... no, I don't use it.

No, I'm not. I came across it the other day when I was researching leucine and I figured I'd post it as food for thought. Definitely not meant to express my own opinion.

He mentioned gut health and interestingly enough, I've often heard glutamine mentioned as being beneficial for people w/ Crohns or Colitis. If I were affected by such a disease, I might be interested in looking into it a bit more, but as a healthy gutted human... no, I don't use it.

In chinese medicine and Aruyvedic circles thats what they use glutamine for. I think it has merit there. Just not as much for athletes.

I think it is a common misconception that glutamine is useless. Most people that are in the know find glutamine beneficial. The problem comes down to the people that could benefit from glutamine could also benefit from a higher protein diet. One of the side effects of consuming whey protein to supplement protein, is higher overall glutamine intake. This basically negates the need to supplement glutamine. Which I think is what mikemartial was pointing out when he recommended sending the money to him and taking more whey, instead.

4g of glutamine per scoop, plus several g of bcaas, arganine, etc. Makes whey protein much more cost-effective than isolated amino acids. If you've got the money to spend on isolated amino acids, one would be way better off spending it on BCAAs. If you're filthy rich and a supplement whore, take all the glutamine you want. It shouldn't make it to anyone's top 5 supplements, though. BCAAs probably should barely break the top 5, in my opinion.

I actually bought 2 bottles of L-Glutamine b4 I found out that its really not important for your muscles. However, I still take it to help out with my stomach. I used to suffer from GERD and shit. Much better now and I notice I shit better. But as soon as I run out of my last bottle, I probably wont waste my money on it anymore.

1.Fish oil.
2.Greens powder
3.whey.

basically its fish oil, greens, and the third is a personal preference.

currently i take fish oil and whey, plus zma and gaba when my sleep gets thrown off, but i really curious about greens+. can someone send me a link to a decent brand that i should check out of greens+? thanks.

Back