If You could live anywhere else, where would it be?

I'd probably get a nice house and a boat on some property near Nelson, BC in Canada. Nice lakes and mountain trails, good weed, plus it's remote enough where the tourism isn't quite as crazy in the summer compared to a lot of other mountain towns.

topreasonsfall_AdrianWagner.jpg

I'd probably get a nice house and a boat on some property near Nelson, BC in Canada. Nice lakes and mountain trails, good weed, plus it's remote enough where the tourism isn't quite as crazy in the summer compared to a lot of other mountain towns.

topreasonsfall_AdrianWagner.jpg

What do you think about Vernon, Revelstoke, Cranbrook, or Fernie. I'm looking for a quiet place to head back out west.

If I could live anywhere on earth I want I'd move to st pete tomorrow.

What do you think about Vernon, Revelstoke, Cranbrook, or Fernie. I'm looking for a quiet place to head back out west.

Out of all of those places, my favourite would most definitely be Fernie. I probably spend 4-5 weekends a year out there as my in-laws have a cabin just outside of town. It's a bit cleaner than the others. Could have something to do with the proximity to Calgary/Alberta money coming in and also all of the Teck Resources metal and coal mines out in the area providing well paying jobs to much of the town, but that also means housing is expensive. My wife and I even looked at moving there at one point and time a couple of years ago but she had trouble finding a decent job in her field in the area.

Revelstoke is also great, especially for hiking and wildlife. But you're a bit more remote there, basically right in the middle of Vancouver and Calgary.

Not the biggest fan of Crankbrook and Vernon to be honest. Cranbrook has a lot of surrounding beauty, but the town itself is a bit dumpy, IMO. Vernon as well.

Out of all of those places, my favourite would most definitely be Fernie. I probably spend 4-5 weekends a year out there as my in-laws have a cabin just outside of town. It's a bit cleaner than the others. Could have something to do with the proximity to Calgary/Alberta money coming in and also all of the Teck Resources metal and coal mines out in the area providing well paying jobs to much of the town, but that also means housing is expensive. My wife and I even looked at moving there at one point and time a couple of years ago but she had trouble finding a decent job in her field in the area.

Revelstoke is also great, especially for hiking and wildlife. But you're a bit more remote there, basically right in the middle of Vancouver and Calgary.

Not the biggest fan of Crankbrook and Vernon to be honest. Cranbrook has a lot of surrounding beauty, but the town itself is a bit dumpy, IMO. Vernon as well.

I grew up in the mountains and then spent a year in Banff in my 20s so I'm looking for a quiet place to do more mountaineering. I'm mostly familiar with the places off of 93 as you come up from Montana. We did that trek a bunch of times down through Pincher Creek, across Montana and then back to Banff by way of 93 through BC.

Revelstoke is not cheap, a double wide trailer on an unkept parcel of land is $1m. Fernie is definitely cheaper. I guess Revelstoke is on the trans-canada so it's more accessible.

Somewhere with a Mediterranean climate, but that should be obvious.

Let's say rule is i have to leave Italy as a whole

Prague
5WUroWJ3ECE9pk9vBhXiqP-1200-80.png

I want to find a house just out in the country somewhere in Tuscany and just live there, working a job at a little mom & pap grocery store or trattoria or something.

Or just sell my house and live off that money somewhere it would go a long way, like Tennessee. Just a house out in the middle of the country where I could do nothing but sit on my old ass porch in a broken rocking chair drinking bourbon all day.

Back