If You could live anywhere else, where would it be?

Right on... drving to a neighboring state to get it is definitely an option for us. How long does it take to drive to a legal state where you're at? That might work... I also know that every two years another handful of states make it legal too...

<mma4>

Not a good place to go drive and find any. We're bordered by states with pretty harsh drug laws. USPS is probably the biggest drug dealer in Georgia.

I've always wanted to just disappear Upstate New York. To write, to reflect and just experience the area. Now that I have a family, I think about it all the time...

I'm fairly Liberal and where I live has become too woke for even me. Tired of the city life.

Has to be near a beach. I'd pick thailand because i've been there and it exceeded expectations.

Never been to hawaii but id probably love it.

Has to be near a beach. I'd pick thailand because i've been there and it exceeded expectations.

Never been to hawaii but id probably love it.
I don't think I could get used to Thailand. Just the heat alone is too much... I went there during the summer time and it felt as though I was in a furnace right near the surface of the sun. I'd never drive there either... the roads are insane. Literally no rules.

I live right where I want to live in Sedona.

But if I couldn't live in Sedona for some reason I'd gladly get a house in Jerome, AZ which is only about a half-hour away.

If money were no issue then I'd get another house in Newport Beach, CA which is where we were going to move to before we decided on Sedona instead.

I live right where I want to live in Sedona.

But if I couldn't live in Sedona for some reason I'd gladly get a house in Jerome, AZ which is only about a half-hour away.

If money were no issue then I'd get another house in Newport Beach, CA which is where we were going to move to before we decided on Sedona instead.
Oh, Dude... You have it made. Sedona is perfect. Stay there...

Newport Beach is asshole central.

I don't think I could get used to Thailand. Just the heat alone is too much... I went there during the summer time and it felt as though I was in a furnace right near the surface of the sun. I'd never drive there either... the roads are insane. Literally no rules.

I went last december so heat wasn't a factor. I've heard it can get bad in the summers.

But the roads and traffic aren't a problem in the smaller islands. Stay away from bangkok and phuket, those other places are actually very peaceful. Heat could be a problem though.

I live in NYC and also have a place in the Adirondack Mountains... I'm kinda satisfied now, but hmmmmm
That's another option we are considering. Keeping our house here and getting another place somewhere more beautiful and quiet and go back and forth between the two for Holidays etc. It's definitely on the table.

Oh, Dude... You have it made. Sedona is perfect. Stay there...

Newport Beach is asshole central.

Really? You don't like Newport Beach, bro?

To be honest, I can't say whether I really like it myself because I was only there for a couple of afternoons. My wife took me to where she used to live & of course, to Balboa. And I was sucked in by how beautiful it is but I didn't get a feel for what the people are like or anything.

We were only considering Newport Beach because the position she was offered there included a generous housing allowance in the perks. But then she got the offer for the job in Sedona & because that's where her dad was living we decided to go with it rather than the one in Newport Beach.

Asheville area, Rapid City area, Charleston. Would have a place Hawassa if I could find a way to actually own land there.

Dunno. while i miss at times parts of NYC, KC, Jacksonville/Orlando... (places I’ve lived longest) & my Folks live in Lake Las Vegas Henderson. I’m not sure I’d want to live there again, for different reasons.

I’m happy to visit these places again, because of familiarity, but overall I’m good living where I’m at in PH.

I get the culture & have extended family & my business here and feel at home & comfortable enough. (Ive been going back & forth visiting PH every year since I was a kid).

(I’m used to culture, but still have a hard time as I can be impatient & too blunt or forward at times).

That said if I’d like to visit more places again to see where I’d be okay. Italy, Portugal, Japan, I’m not even sure really.

You should live though where you connect with the place and have a sense of roots or can feel comfortable.

Last edited:
That's another option we are considering. Keeping our house here and getting another place somewhere more beautiful and quiet and go back and forth between the two for Holidays etc. It's definitely on the table.
It's the way to go if ya can swing it! Best of both worlds!

Back