If you could have a case beer with one figure from history, who would it be.

WhiskyJack

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You can't pick Jesus because He was a teetoaler.

Probably Titus Pullo for me

Caesar, Titus Pullo and Lucius Vorenus
The Gallic War

Translated by Dustin Simmons

In that legion there were two very courageous men serving as centurions, Titus Pullo and Lucius Vorenus, who were rival commanders. These men were constantly competing between each other to determine which of them was best, and every year they strove bitterly with one another for the highest honors. Once, when Pullo was fighting fiercely near the fortifications he shouted, “What are you waiting for, Vorenus? Or are you awaiting some other opportunity to prove your courage? This day will determine our dispute.” After he had said this, he advanced outside the camp fortifications, and rushed against that section of the enemy that appeared to be most crammed together. Vorenus did not remain inside the rampart, but fearing the opinion of all the others, he chased after. A small space having been left open, Pullo launched his javelin into the enemy host, and struck down one of the enemy who was charging at him. While that man had been slain by the blow, the enemy protected this man with their shields, and all together they hurled their spears at Pullo to prevent his advance. Pullo’s shied was transfixed and a javelin stuck in his belt. The javelin bent his scabbard and prevented his right hand from trying to remove his sword. As the enemy surrounded the hindered soldier, the rival Vorenus hastened to help and relieve his struggling companion. The entire enemy multitude immediately whirled from Pullo to Vorenus, who was fighting ferociously hand to hand with his sword, and, having killed one, he pushed the others back a little. Then, pressing his advantage a little too eagerly, he stumbled and fell down an embankment. Pullo then came to the rescue of the surrounded Vorenus, and, after having killed many enemies, they both returned safely within the walls of the camp to the highest praises. Thus fortune dealt with the two in effort and in battle, that these rivals were each other’s salvation, nor was it possible to decide which of the two excelled the other.

Last edited:
You can't pick Jesus because He was a teetoaler.

Probably Titus Pullo for me
A single beer? I’d want to talk to cleopatra and figure out what the fuck was going on there. Possible hottie, major power, enslaved millions. I’d at the very least be entertained.

If we’re talking a party, or 3+ beers I’d want to pick rob gronkowski because I grew up watching him play football and he seems like a lot of fun

A single beer? I’d want to talk to cleopatra and figure out what the fuck was going on there. Possible hottie, major power, enslaved millions. I’d at the very least be entertained.

If we’re talking a party, or 3+ beers I’d want to pick rob gronkowski because I grew up watching him play football and he seems like a lot of fun
Fixed

A cigar with Winston Churchill
A whiskey with Sam Clemens
A beer with Teddy Roosevelt

Boris Yeltsin. Guy seems like he knows how to have fun.

boris-yeltsin-drunk-dancing.gif

Last edited:
They've done great things, but most don't seem that interesting on a conversational level.

Before y'all get mad at me, ask yourselves wtf are you and Sir Isaac Newton gonna talk about? Lol.

But if I had to choose it'd be one of those Greek Philosophers. They'd probably have interesting conversations that could morph into fun debates. Coupled with drinking, that sounds like a good time.
<JRSmith40>

They've done great things, but most don't seem that interesting on a conversational level.

Before y'all get mad at me, ask yourselves wtf are you and Sir Isaac Newton gonna talk about? Lol.

But if I had to choose it'd be one of those Greek Philosophers. They'd probably have interesting conversations that could morph into fun debates. Coupled with drinking, that sounds like a good time.
<JRSmith40>
Thats why I picked Titus pullo, he was a badass soldier. I would ask how many women lamented

Back