If you could flip a switch and send the world back to the 80s, would you do it?

I liked Arcades & BMX bikes too,but I'm 46 and going back and I presume remaining our current age,i'd just look like a big fucking weirdo.

would like to go back and go on a walk with our family dog from that time though.

eh maybe until you started schooling all the young kids in Centipede or Qbert

you could always get a 26" Laguna cruiser, Cook Bros, or Basset without having to pay an arm & a leg for it

IMAG0467.jpg

post-2475-1160510039.jpg

You're from Memphis, I presume?

yup, lived there first 20 something years of my life

Why the fuck would anyone do this? I was born in 1985 so I barely remember the 1980s. I know the culture. I know the technology that was available and what I know of the 1980s there is no way in hell I would want the world to regress. For what? In the show Supernatural the current story line involves the Winchester brothers' mom coming back from the dead. She died in 1983 as I recall and woke up alive in 2016. The world has changed. Little things we take for granted like the internet, laptops etc. bewilder her which I found amusing but when you think about it if someone from the 1980s were taken to the present...to them that really is the future. We have progressed a lot in the last 30+ years. There are no flying cars and we haven't colonized the moon or mars but the technology we have is pretty interesting.

Fucking 80's rocked!! Absolutely. The world and the country is a pile of steaming shit compared to then.

I miss finger banging hairy quaffs.

No fucking way.

IMO, the world was pretty much worse in every regard. No thanks.

Why the fuck would anyone do this? I was born in 1985 so I barely remember the 1980s. I know the culture. I know the technology that was available and what I know of the 1980s there is no way in hell I would want the world to regress. For what? In the show Supernatural the current story line involves the Winchester brothers' mom coming back from the dead. She died in 1983 as I recall and woke up alive in 2016. The world has changed. Little things we take for granted like the internet, laptops etc. bewilder her which I found amusing but when you think about it if someone from the 1980s were taken to the present...to them that really is the future. We have progressed a lot in the last 30+ years. There are no flying cars and we haven't colonized the moon or mars but the technology we have is pretty interesting.

So naive.....The world was a much better place then it is today - especially the USA. I was born in 1968. I lived it all. The society today is pathetic compared to the mid 80s. Social media is one of the downfalls of the current society. Look at these snowflake millennials...these kids are helpless. It's scary.

Just curious, how can you be stuck in the 80's forever? How will you get old? How does the years pass? Does it go 1980-1989 and you restart?

Yes, but not because the 80s were better. They're not. It's to delay the WW3 thats about to happen in the next year or 2.

No.

Don't get me wrong, the 80's killed it, but progress must progress.

Seeing as how I make my money with new tech, I would say no. I'm not going back to being broke all the time lol

So naive.....The world was a much better place then it is today - especially the USA. I was born in 1968. I lived it all. The society today is pathetic compared to the mid 80s. Social media is one of the downfalls of the current society. Look at these snowflake millennials...these kids are helpless. It's scary.

Well no, you didn't live it all. There's a whole history before 1968 that you did not live. I don't care to be stuck in any generation. I would prefer to see the world progress. Rather than revert to the 1980s I would rather make the world a better place to live in as it is now and it would be cool to be young forever as well. Social media is not a big deal. It can be abused just like anything else. The technology we have today is great. You seriously want to go back to 8-bit videogames, no internet, and no MMA?! And Ronald Reagan as President? Have you lost your fucking mind?!

What the fuck is this shit?

In a word, NO.

Big hair and John Stockton Shorts with knee high socks with three stripes?

<bball1>

Fuck yeah - I wanna go to a prime Def Leppard concert

Just curious, how can you be stuck in the 80's forever? How will you get old? How does the years pass? Does it go 1980-1989 and you restart?

watch Black Mirror episode "San Junipero" aka 'Lesbian Quagmire'.

Hmmmm, maybe. Maybe. Problem is I'd train like a mad man in preparation for or UFC 1, but it would never come.

Sure, I'll live in this world if possible.

Only if I was aware that it had been done. In other words, only if it was the nostalgic version we see on TV, and we all know it's like a joke world.

The real 80's sucked dick.

For all you high school wrestlers from the 80's. Remember this movie?

vision-quest-poster.jpg

Back