If you could flip a switch and send the world back to the 80s, would you do it?

Yeh Im with you here 1275. I dont want to get stuck in a time loop because im certain no matter how badass any chosen era is one day you will yearn for the future.

I probably would. One thing that would make me hesitant is we're getting close to the legalization of pot and going back to smoking subpar stuff. But man I do miss arcades, action movies were they actually blow stuff up, BMX bikes.

Some parts of Memphis were getting violent at the time like Orange Mound, South Memphis along with a lot of other urban areas in the country due to the invention of crack cocaine

I probably would. One thing that would make me hesitant is we're getting close to the legalization of pot and going back to smoking subpar stuff. But man I do miss arcades, action movies were they actually blow stuff up, BMX bikes.

Some parts of Memphis were getting violent at the time like Orange Mound, South Memphis along with a lot of other urban areas in the country due to the invention of crack cocaine
I liked Arcades & BMX bikes too,but I'm 46 and going back and I presume remaining our current age,i'd just look like a big fucking weirdo.

would like to go back and go on a walk with our family dog from that time though.

Nah. Maybe for a week or two but what about the net? And smart phones?

fuck yes I would. less people, less overall bullshit. I'm pretty sure my life would be Christian Slater in Gleaming the Cube before his brother got killed. Hell, I might even train to compete in the kumite.

You get to be whatever age you want to be. Personally, I was just a kid in the 80s, but in this switch-flipping scenario I'm going to choose to be 24.
so there is 2 switches then,one to send you back to a certain time and one to make you a particular age ?

so there is 2 switches then,one to send you back to a certain time and one to make you a particular age ?

We'll roll with that.

Basically, think of it like this:

You get to flip the switch to go back to the 80s . . . forever.

You you also get to choose your age (any age from birth to your current age.)

We'll roll with that.

Basically, think of it like this:

You get to flip the switch to go back to the 80s . . . forever.

You you also get to choose your age (any age from birth to your current age.)
it would still be a no,i have already did the 80's as a child {9 to 19},and there are better decades in my lifetime to be an adult.

why the fuck would I want to go back to the 80's.....the Cold War,AIDS was frightening the shit out of everyone,Cancer was a death sentence,cigarette smoke everywhere you go,shops,buses,trains and planes.

I'm not even a big technology guy,but the stuff back in the 80's wasn't that great,and neither was Van Damme

I would've like to have seen New York from the 70's just to see if it really was as much of a shithole as it was claimed and Miami in the 80's,to see how lawless & ''Wild Westish'' it was due to the Coke.

I was 9 when the 80's began,so I have many good memories about the 80's,but you forget the shit.

Did you just. . . Bro, did you just say Van Damme wasn't that great?

You're from Memphis, I presume?

The 80s beautiful with selective memory

AIDS crisis
Public smoking
War on drugs...just say no
Ok to be a public racist

fuck yes I would. less people, less overall bullshit. I'm pretty sure my life would be Christian Slater in Gleaming the Cube before his brother got killed. Hell, I might even train to compete in the kumite.

Good post.

If you're going to go back, might as well do it right. . .

The 80's was the best decade for movies. RIP John Hughes.

7548321_orig.jpg

I already did.

I won't answer because it sounds like a Christmas movie
set up and maybe it will actually happen.

why the fuck would I want to go back to the 80's.....the Cold War,AIDS was frightening the shit out of everyone,Cancer was a death sentence,cigarette smoke everywhere you go,shops,buses,trains and planes.

I'm not even a big technology guy,but the stuff back in the 80's wasn't that great,and neither was Van Damme

I would've like to have seen New York from the 70's just to see if it really was as much of a shithole as it was claimed and Miami in the 80's,to see how lawless & ''Wild Westish'' it was due to the Coke.

I was 9 when the 80's began,so I have many good memories about the 80's,but you forget the shit.

you fool. Transformers were made of metal. fucking METAL.

Back