If you could flip a switch and send the world back to the 80s, would you do it?

G

Guestx

Thread title says it all.

There's a switch and you can flip it. And once you do, all the world reverts back to the 1980s and is stuck there forever. That's right, if you do this, it's the 1980s again . . . forever.

That means you're going back to the time of Top Gun and Van Damme's prime . . . Sly and Arnold . . . bitchin' hairstyles, the 25th Anniversary Lamborghini Countach and the Nintendo Entertainment System. Metallica is making the best music they'll ever make, MacGuyver is still in production, and Reagan is the President of the United States.

But it also means no Internet. No cell phones. No text messaging or social media. You can forget about easy hookups with bitches off of POF (you either need to go somewhere and meet someone or use one of those dating services where VHS tapes get sent around), or easily getting the news (you'll need a newspaper or TV broadcast for that), or looking up movie times on your smartphone (you'll need to call the theater's automated recording from your landline).

And of course NO FORUMS, so there will be no Sherdog to help you kill time at work, school or home.

So do you do it? Do you flip the 80s switch? Do you go back to THIS forever?

7b70e7c929f9646e25c9ef322f551cb6.jpg

x0088708.jpg.pagespeed.ic.yEitKSl8W9.jpg

David-Hasselhoffs-True-Survivor-Music-Video-Lamborghini-Countach-7-760x400.jpg

man_file_1062658_kelly-lebrock.jpg

Top-Gun.jpg

e1z8dsepmmo2ykznwlvz.jpg

1035x712-20140513-metallica-x1800-1399997244.jpg

I never got to fully experience the 80's so I'd do it bro. Give me a Delorean

Last edited:
As much as I love 80's movies, music, etc probably not.

I needs my technology...

depends on what age i'd get to be. I've thought about this. I remember the 80's and 90's as from when i was young into teens and college years etc. Then it's fun and you go out and have good times. I'd gladly trade this for the early and mid 90's.

If i was an adult then and just kind of stayed home not have the internet would kind of suck.

depends on what age i'd get to be. I've thought about this. I remember the 80's and 90's as from when i was young into teens and college years etc. Then it's fun and you go out and have good times. I'd gladly trade this for the early and mid 90's.

If i was an adult then and just kind of stayed home not have the internet would kind of suck.

You get to be whatever age you want to be. Personally, I was just a kid in the 80s, but in this switch-flipping scenario I'm going to choose to be 24.

My parents got divorced in the 80s when I was a young buck, so no thanks to living that out in perpetuity

My parents got divorced in the 80s when I was a young buck, so no thanks to living that out in perpetuity

You don't have to be a kid again and live out the same scenarios. You get to be whatever age you want . . . just in the 80s.

You want me to give up all the modern tech AND my sherbros?!

<{boneytears}>

I can't do it. Plus you stipulate forever. As much as I hate social media I can't sign up for a world with no innovation. Change is a part of life.

Fuck yes I would
I wish everyday I could go back and relive all the awesomeness so I'd do this in an instant

Yes! In a heartbeat. I was born in 1980, and so I have very fond memories of being a kid, and of having fun and discovering the world. My parents were in their twenties, and they were full of life. Not that they aren't now, but I would imagine it's different when you're young and have small children. Also, back in those days, my neighborhood was one where people still alowed their kids to run around the block and, "be free", so to speak". It's not the same anymore.

You want me to give up all the modern tech AND my sherbros?!

<{boneytears}>

I can't do it. Plus you stipulate forever. As much as I hate social media I can't sign up for a world with no innovation. Change is a part of life.

Yeah, it's an all or nothing deal.

If you go back, the NES is the most advanced gaming system . . . the original Star Wars trilogy represents cutting edge special effects . . . VHS is the premiere home video technology . . . FOREVER.

Yeah, it's an all or nothing deal.

If you go back, the NES is the most advanced gaming system . . . the original Star Wars trilogy represents cutting edge special effects . . . VHS is the premiere home video technology . . . FOREVER.

I love nostalgia but fuck that scenario. Too many cool technological advances since the 80's.

Fuck yes I would
I wish everyday I could go back and relive all the awesomeness so I'd do this in an instant

I have had similar thoughts. It just seems like an era that I was perhaps more made for.

You know, there are often discussions about how every generation looks back to their younger years and thinks of it as a simpler time. But I think in this regard, it's literally true. The 80s were a simpler time. All the technology and global awareness that we have today has complicated things.

You get to be whatever age you want to be. Personally, I was just a kid in the 80s, but in this switch-flipping scenario I'm going to choose to be 24.

I would go back in a second
80s america is the pinnacle of the modern era
it was the perfect level of technology and the arts were at a peak---- great movies and music and arcades
but also in the 80s we were united (to a high degree) and doing USA chants and etc the end of the cold war

I was a kid too, so too young to get laid, i would like to have gone from like 14 to 24 in the 80s---like high school through college
I want to fuck a valley girl an 80s preppy girl and girls with bushes and wearing blue eye shadow and pink cheeks

oh man

check out this video

I really like 81-83, fucking mtv back then an new wave and punk

God no.

No internet and full bush on woman? I'll pass.

You had me at Michael Dudikoff, Kelly LeBrock, and Metallica!

Back