THE DEAD DON’T DIE (New Jim Jarmusch zombie comedy film, starring Bill Murray)

Peteyandjia

Spring Saku
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score

Starring:

Bill Murray
Adam Driver
Tilda Swinton
Selena Gomez
RZA
Steve Buscemi
Iggy Pop
Danny Glover
Rosie Perez

I think I will skip this one. I do like Bill Murray though.

more importantly, it’s a Jim Jarmusch movie. it’s definitely on my radar.

It looks awesome.
Amazing cast.

I'm very much over the whole zombie genre, but it's a good cast.
I'd catch a matinee show

Starring:

Bill Murray
Adam Driver
Tilda Swinton
Selena Gomez
RZA
Steve Buscemi
Iggy Pop
Danny Glover
Rosie Perez

It's a silly comedy I will get stoned to and hopefully laugh and enjoy

I think that looks promising, but you never can tell if they are just putting all the funny stuff in the trailer. I will probably wait until it hits TV or a streaming service I use.

Ill see it only because of Bill Murray

LMAO @ not mentioning that its a Jim Jarmusch Film.

Not gonna watch because Tilda Swinton is appropriating Asia again by holding a samurai sword.

awwww it's not a spinoff of Zombieland.....

zombieland-bill-murray-1-e1546273356327.jpg

Just caught a screening.

Good lord, this shit was slooooooooow. I’ve been to catholic masses that had better pacing than this movie. And most of it didn’t work. It’s not offensively bad or anything, just haphazardly put together. Some of the pieces seem interesting at first, but then nothing really pays off.

Steve Buscemi and the RZA for example, two of the most fun parts of the movie, and combined they are in it for maybe 3 minutes, total. Chloe Sevigny, an awesome actress, does nothing but be background noise. Total waste.

Meanwhile, Adam Driver is given 90% of the screentime in this movie, because for some reason these last few years, Hollywood seems hellbent on insisting to me that Adam Driver is a thing.

I hate to say it, because I am a huge fan of a lot of JimJarm’s other work: but you can probably skip this one, or wait for it to come to your tv at least. Okay at best.

Just caught a screening.

Good lord, this shit was slooooooooow. I’ve been to catholic masses that had better pacing than this movie. And most of it didn’t work. It’s not offensively bad or anything, just haphazardly put together. Some of the pieces seem interesting at first, but then nothing really pays off.

Steve Buscemi and the RZA for example, two of the most fun parts of the movie, and combined they are in it for maybe 3 minutes, total. Chloe Sevigny, an awesome actress, does nothing but be background noise. Total waste.

Meanwhile, Adam Driver is given 90% of the screentime in this movie, because for some reason these last few years, Hollywood seems hellbent on insisting to me that Adam Driver is a thing.

I hate to say it, because I am a huge fan of a lot of JimJarm’s other work: but you can probably skip this one, or wait for it to come to your tv at least. Okay at best.
Ah, too bad. Bill Murray zombie comedy sounds so promising.

I saw this at the cinema yesterday. I thought I was in for another Shaun of the Dead, or even something that could rival it slightly. I was wrong; DEAD wrong.

The huge cast featuring Bill Murray, Steve Buscemi, Danny Glover, that emo kid from Star Wars, Rza, Selena Gomez, and Tilda Swinton. Surely this ensemble cast will shine. I was wrong; DEAD wrong.

The film sucked. It was meant to be a zom com. The film was so slow. The dialogue was like 2mph. It was painful. Long pauses every sentence. It was like this thing was spliced together from random thoughts the writers/director had that day. Bill Murray would deliver a line, pause... was that pause for laughter? You didn't say anything remotely humorous...

It got to about 50 minutes in and I'm thinking ok. Nothing at all has happened. No movement in the story. No funny or memorable moments and the movie is (thankfully) half over. I knew then that it didn't matter what happened after. The movie sucked. It felt like they were going for a Fargo vibe with the pacing and the dialogue (and Steve Buscemi ironically) but they missed it entirely.

Tilda Swinton was the best thing in it. The WuPS reference was the best/only joke in it. The over referencing of the soundtrack by whoever it was and breaking the fourth wall was just painful. How did Bill Murray read that script and think "this is going to be funny"?

Anyone else see it? I think it will appeal to hipsters who want to sound sophisticated and pretend to enjoy these kind of non-events to try and stand out.

Shaun of the Dead can rest easy as by far the best zom com of all time. This isn't even the best Bill Murray zom com.

So, 2 days ago you wanted Francis Ngannou to beat up Amanda Nunes in some weird gender-bender free-for-all division, now you're slagging off Bill Murray!?

<{danayeah}>

What kind of a man are you???

Back