If you are a Ronda fan do you want her to fight again?

Meathead Jock

WAR ASKREN
@Gold
Reaction score
I'm just curious if her FANS want her to fight again? I see them saying her haters are terrible people BUT she felt suicidal after losing at the Olympics and there werent 100,000 memes created after that loss. So it seems she just can't deal with defeat regardless of nice/mean fans. So shouldn't you just hope she retires instead of rematching Holly?

I have to suspend disbelief quite a bit here. But if...

...if...

...if...

...I were a Ronda fan, and, given that, if...

...if...

...if...

...I thought she could handle fame and defeat and all of that like a normal person, then I would probably want her to take her best shot at Holly and see if she could avenge the loss, and know that she didn't leave anything on the field, so to speak.

She lost in the Octagon ONCE.
Competed on the world stage as an Olympian.
But now suddenly, she's frail and psychologically broken? I don't buy it for a minute.
If anything, she's building a humble image to come back with, but no mistake, it's just image.

Then again, I don't buy that people behind keyboards have much psychological insight into the mind of sports champions.

Sure, if she's healthy - why not? I like fights. Personally, I don't think she deserves an immediate rematch and would rather she earned her way back to Holm, but the UFC's decision is understandable from a business sense.

If this was any other of the hundreds of fighters in the UFC who lose fights all the time (many of whom go through a period of depression after losing), this thread wouldn't exist. It's a good example of Rousey Derangement Syndrome.

I like Ronda but I like Holly much more & I want her to get paid dat headkick money again.

I would like to see her leave Edmond and go to a top tier camp, take a few tune up fights before fighting Holly. If she stays with Edmond and takes the Holly fight for her first fight back she is just sacrificing brain cells for a paycheck.

As I am not a Ronda fan. I will respectfully recuse myself from the convo. Just came to read the replies.

Some c level fighters

Oh wait, she's been doing that all her life

Ronda fan, and I think she should stop media stuff to train in a different training camp for a straight year... Then fight.
If she fights in 2016 she loses for sure...

But now suddenly, she's frail and psychologically broken? I don't buy it for a minute.
If anything, she's building a humble image to come back with, but no mistake, it's just image.

Then again, I don't buy that people behind keyboards have much psychological insight into the mind of sports champions.

I'd agree, but in the Olympics that was purely sporting.

It's her fame and the hype that's damaged her psychologically. Its seems like she doesnt even realize why people dislike her.

If she thinks losing in the octagon is bad. Wait til her movie bombs and she is panned by critics. Maybe they will let her wear that purple dress to the razzies

have you been living under a rock? The UFC hype, the late night talk shows, magazine covers, the rhetoric claiming she could beat up men, best fighter in the world man or woman, trash talking etc., and then she gets brutally knocked out and all of that hype gets exposed...... compared to her medaling in women's judo that nobody gave two shits about.
ronda-rousey-hides-face-still-humilated-ftr.jpg

I am a Ronda hype hater as much as the next guy, but I want her to fight again.

Lets see what she brings to the rematch. I mean we can all say how much she was overrated hype etc.
But I want to see her come out in the rematch, the ball is her court now.

As a fan, yes. If I was Travis, friends or family, I wouldn't want her in the cage with Holly again.

It wont matter....Operation "get pregger's before the rematch" is already in action.

As a Ronda fan - the pressure is definitely higher than ever before. Judo had a larger and deeper talent pool, and she had to deal with losses on multiple occasions. Now she's in the public eye, talking all kinds of mess about possibly beating Cain Velasquez and Mayweather (and I don't buy the former, but I can see scenarios of the latter, but the chances aren't good). She got way too much attention because she sold herself well for deeds that didn't merit that much attention.

I'd like her to fight again, to put up or shut up. I'll always be a fan, but I was definitely drinking the kool-aid a lot in the past and am glad Holly Holm kicked sense into me. Now back to reading DaffodilMcwoozy's disgusting McGregor posts. :X

Unless Tate beats Holm, we will not be seeing Rousey fighting anytime soon...
Rousey has a market outside fighting world, she does not need the UFC.

She is done, just as Carano was.

I'm not really a fan but yea I want to see her fight again because if she comes back and arm bars Holy in round 1 everyone is going to lose their shit.

She is rich and if she thinks she can live off what she has made with a gig or two here and there then I think she would be foolish to return just because of ego and she does not need to prove a damn thing to all these idiots who are eat up in jealousy it has become pathetic. If she returns that would be awesome to but she don't need this shit. Justin McBride a former PBR 2 time world champion bullrider and when he retired he was asked if he would return is reply was " I am a rich cowboy their is 0 chance of me ever getting on a bull again" what he meant is why risk your health because a chip on your shoulder or because the fans want you to compete. Its not the fans that have to wake up in pain and go to bed in pain. Nothing Ronda does on this Sherdog forum is going to be good enough to an uneducated crowd. Their are nothing but Monday morning quarterbacks here. Its easy to call shit and say you should have done this and that after the fact and they are not the ones in the gym sparring and dealing with exhaustion basically your whole life. Fucking easy to sit here and type.

Back