If wrestling shoes were allowed,would it be a benefit?

Yrat

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have watched some pride events this evening and I have noticed that wrestler like Mark Coleman weared wrestling shoes and it was a benefit for the most part when it comes to takedowns.

Which ufc fighter would use it of it was allowed? I am pretty sure Daniel Cormier if he did not retired.

Is it a benefit if it was allowed to wear it and if so how?

I don't know.. isn't wrestling on a pad instead of canvas?

It helps but realistically I don’t think it would change the outcome of too many takedown attempts. As someone said, it makes it much harder to escape submissions attacking the ankle. Probably not worth the trade off in the modern era

You wouldn't break your toes as fast if you missed a kick and accidentally hit your opponent with the toes.

It helps but realistically I don’t think it would change the outcome of too many takedown attempts. As someone said, it makes it much harder to escape submissions attacking the ankle. Probably not worth the trade off in the modern era

Perhaps it can be useful when you have to get ut from a takedown and avoid slippery

I have watched some pride events this evening and I have noticed that wrestler like Mark Coleman weared wrestling shoes and it was a benefit for the most part when it comes to takedowns.

Which ufc fighter would use it of it was allowed? I am pretty sure Daniel Cormier if he did not retired.

Is it a benefit if it was allowed to wear it and if so how?

'Weared'?

Perhaps it can be useful when you have to get ut from a takedown and avoid slippery
might help a bit there. I remember a few years back PFL held some event outdoors, and the mat got pretty damp and slick. people were literally slipping and falling like a mud wrestling contest :D

Ken would of beat Royce in the first UFC!
<Kpop775>

Back