If Woodley wins another staring contest

Notoriouslefthand

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Will it permanently close him out from WW Goat discussion even if he succesfully defends 5 more times?
Last three Woodley fights has been absolute jokes and embarrasing. I think Till KO's him but you never know. Till's last performance against Thompson was absolute joke also and in my oponion he lost.

The WW king built his legacy on boring fights. Woodley just needs to keep winning and he’ll be alright.

The WW king built his legacy on boring fights. Woodley just needs to keep winning and he’ll be alright.
Boring because he dominated his opponents.

Not boring because both he and his opponent were too scared to throw anything.

Only Platinum can save the Welterweight division.

There isn't a discussion between him and GSP and won't be for a while but he if there was he ain't getting disqualified for having boring fights...

the only problem with that is GSP was liked so whatever he did was exceptional and goat status. When another fighter (woodley) does the same thing to win fights he’s boring and is disliked even more.

I like Twood, but if he puts on another snoozer in terms of playing it safe, then he deserves all the criticism he gets.

He's actually a very solid fighter, but so far he has played it ultra-safe as a champ.

Hoping he smashes Till and silences everyone. Myself included.

Woodley is a beast. He does what he needs to win the fight and stay champ. He's handing till his ass with a KO Rd 3

Gsp's first few defenses were exciting. Serra, fitch, bj, Alves were all fun memorable fights.

Tyron's problem is that he skipped the exciting dynamic new champ phase and went directly to the game planning strategic take no chances phase.

Yeah, I mean Wonderboy and Maia are putting on absolute barn burners.

With all due respect, if you think that Woodleys title fights are the same thing as what GSP did to his opponents , I don’t think you actually watched any of the fights.

the only problem with that is GSP was liked so whatever he did was exceptional and goat status. When another fighter (woodley) does the same thing to win fights he’s boring and is disliked even more.

Boring because he dominated his opponents.

Not boring because both he and his opponent were too scared to throw anything.

Why don't others get this? The current WW division is way overrated.

Woodley's entire career was saved by the last minute of the fifth round against Thompson. He was fortunate to connect and drop Thompson because otherwise he was losing that fight and doing so in a terrible manner.

Woodley doesn't take coaching well at all. His coaches were out of their minds with him in that fight.

With all due respect, if you think that Woodleys title fights are the same thing as what GSP did to his opponents , I don’t think you actually watched any of the fights.

I'm utterly shocked when I hear people compare Woodley and GSP for being boring. GSP has never been totally inactive in a fight like Woodley was against Thompson in their second fight. (just finished watching it).

People shit on Woodley for boring title defenses but he actually dropped his opponent in each of his title defences, sometimes multiple times. Not as boring as people give him shit for.

He'll just join the long and rich history of boring WW champions lol

People shit on Woodley for boring title defenses but he actually dropped his opponent in each of his title defences, sometimes multiple times. Not as boring as people give him shit for.

Go re-watch the second Wonderboy fight. He saved his career by opening up and connecting in the last minute of the fight. People remember the fight completely differently because of the way it ended, but it was a terrible performance by Woodley. Not calling him lucky, but he was lucky.

Why don't others get this? The current WW division is way overrated.

Woodley's entire career was saved by the last minute of the fifth round against Thompson. He was fortunate to connect and drop Thompson because otherwise he was losing that fight and doing so in a terrible manner.

Woodley doesn't take coaching well at all. His coaches were out of their minds with him in that fight.

Yeah cuz Wonderbread really put on a clinic in that fight, infact he's such a wildly entertaining fighter his fight with the current challenger in Till was a fucking BARNBURNER you should really look into it since you're so into his dominant bedshitting performance in both woodley fights. His consistent unwillingness to ever engage with opponents is truly phenomenal!

{<jordan}

GSP actually fought though. Woodley just doesn't engage and the other guy is scared shitless so doesn't engage either or can't. It's pathetic.

I don't think you realize what boring means.

What a fucking joke. You have a 2003 account... Are you pretending like GSP didn't get a FUCK TON of hate for his boring style?

Jesus Christ. I hope you're trolling.

Back