If weight matters that much than why don't all Heavyweights make weight at 265???

weigh matter but its has to be your perfect weight to fight not just being fat ..
so yes , a pefectly shaped 265 would be the best for h/w but for cain or jds to become 265 is stupid

guys like dodson, joseph b, john moranga, and ali all have ko power

Yeah because they are fast and land in the right spot.

Heavyweight fighters dont even have to land flush on the button to make their opponent go out. Tons of guys go out with short shots. It's just different. It makes for a different fight.

Then why are so many LHW's scared to fight at HW?

A ton of LHWs are around 240lbs naturally ... so what are they scared of if the HW division is so weak?

The previous champs have been pretty small, Rashad, Machida, Shogun. Jones doesn't cut nearly as much weight as some people seem to think. If 'natural weight' means a bunch of useless bodyfat between camps, then sure, a lot of LHWs weigh 240.

Maybe you're right though, Cain could easily fight at LHW, but look what he's done to the so called baddest men on the planet. Cormier too.

Because most human bodies have an optimal body weight for performance, so not everybody is going to benefit from fighting at 265

This isnt true.

It's just different in the heavyweight division. Outside of cain, they have smaller gas tanks so they have to conserve energy. They have to fight in bursts and can't always do what the smaller guys can but it has nothing to do with skill. It's just physical limitations.

It's like how the smaller guys are physically limited when it comes to power.

Good reply.

speed and more skill with a smaller body

but really, its ratio, too big will hurt

Because good athletes that are 265+ are generally american football players.

"If weight matters that much than why don't all Heavyweights make weight at 265???"

Who ever said this?

Speed advantage is a real thing. As much as weight.

Bigfoot weighs in around 265 and Cain beat him twice.

And this:

[YT]OWxlZ52O0rI[/YT]

:icon_lol:

He wasn't even fighting another opponent. That was just one huge walking blob and he is it as a punching bag. :D

Size matter, that's why we have weight classes. But at the same time, once guys get so big they lose things like speed and cardio. So there is a trade off for gaining more size. The guys around 230-240lbs are a good middle ground between size and cardio/speed.

A 240 lb guy can't just suddenly be a 280 lb guy. This is dumb. I'm leaving haha

Size def matters which is why there are weight classes. However, once you hit the magic weight of 215-220, any additional size doesn't matter in my opinion. A 215-220lb man has more then enough power to ko any man. look at mike tyson as an example. trying to gain more for a size advantage would only hurt you imo.

Size def matters which is why there are weight classes. However, once you hit the magic weight of 215-220, any additional size doesn't matter in my opinion. A 215-220lb man has more then enough power to ko any man. look at mike tyson as an example. trying to gain more for a size advantage would only hurt you imo.
Can you guys give me more details about this because I don't get it.When HWs get to 240 they are at perfect weight even though they fight bigger guys,but if featherweights fight lightweights they are at very big disadvantage ?
Explain it in more details because it does not make sense at least to me

Because with weight there is a point of diminishing returns.

To be fair, the more you weigh, the less important 1 pound of difference becomes. Though I do think it shows too much emphasis can be put of weight sometimes

Generally, the heavier the weight class, the less the weight difference matters. And at some point - usually around 240-245 lbs for most guys, more weight actually becomes a hindrance. It's exactly the same in boxing. Among the best guys at the lower weight classes, weight cutting tends to be extreme and the higher you go up in weight class, the less prevalent it is.

Can you guys give me more details about this because I don't get it.When HWs get to 240 they are at perfect weight even though they fight bigger guys,but if featherweights fight lightweights they are at very big disadvantage ?
Explain it in more details because it does not make sense at least to me

its not that hard, weight matters thats why theres divisions, 10 lbs in difference to a lightweight is the same to a heavyweight its all an advantage but in the HW division its more about your build like people said the bigger guys usually lack speed and cardio. bigfoots weight over cain was an advantage but he still wasn't good enough

Back