If Weidman loses to Anderson....

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by LONETRAVELER, Sep 29, 2013.

1. luckaks

luckaks Green Belt

bs.

2. MMASpeculator

MMASpeculator Purple Belt

Will definitely be about how he loses

3. ALAN PARTRIDGE

ALAN PARTRIDGE NO LONGER REGISTERED

If Chris loses at 168, then his first win will be void

4. Brandon Wilson

Brandon Wilson Amateur Fighter

The one that sticks out in my mind is JJ VS Shogun. Epic beat down. Though, I'm not sure it was a huge upset.

This fight is interesting in that if Weidman wins, it will prove that he's simply the better fighter. No matter how he wins. If however, Anderson should win, it will very much 'depend' upon the manner in which he wins (at least in the eyes of some).

Either way, I just hope that people can get past their irrational dislike for either guy, and just enjoy it for what it is.

5. istay

istay Purple Belt

LMAO, hater to the max.

6. Griovejas

Griovejas Orange Belt

If it's a dominant victory, some of the validity will dissipate. Most people will consider Weidman "lucky". That's the way herding goes.

7. GarethSims

GarethSims White Belt

The truth of the first fight is Anderson did get caught clowning... Not to take anything away from Chris, he did what many others have failed to do before, I see the second fight looking as different from the first as AS v Chael 1+2 did...

8. Minnja

Minnja Touch-Butt white belt Platinum Member

Weidman is a great fighter and will remain in the top 10 for years. If he loses to Anderson I can see him fighting for the title again and beating whoever is holding the belt. If he beats Anderson then I think he will likely hold the belt for a long time unless Vitor KTFO him or Jacare beats him (in both cases I'd pick Weidman to win).

9. jk7707

jk7707 Black Belt

If Anderson comes out and embarrasses him in a round or two then yea people will claim his win was a fluke. But it doesn't take anything away from his first win. Fluke or not he is still the only guy to beat Anderson in the UFC and that can never be taken away from him.

10. Ch0sen0ne

Ch0sen0ne Purple Belt

Fu**ing excuses...

Anderson didn't get KTFOed because he was too slow, he got KTFOed for two technical reasons:
    1) Bad foot positioning, his feet were planted horizontally while leaning back
    2) Weidman doubled up two rights. A right cross then a backhand right. The following left hook went in the same direction as the right backhand. The result was that Anderson rolled away from the right backhand and then proceeed to roll into Weidman's left hook.

Even before the fight, Jack Slack predicted that Anderson would be vulnerable to consecutive punches going in the same direction.

11. kuroi-misa

kuroi-misa I always pay someone back with interests!!

I not saying this is totally like GSP vs Matt Serra 1 situation but if you ACTUALLY watch the fight, GSP had nothing for Serra as well..

Serra was the one landing all the shots and was able to finished GSP in friggin' 1st round!

Serra just had GSP's number that night and it showed...stuff like that happens.

12. Ch0sen0ne

Ch0sen0ne Purple Belt

This isn't called whooping ass?

[​IMG]

13. RemoWilliams1a**

RemoWilliams1a** Banned Banned

How was the 'fight competitive until the KO'?

What offense did Anderson execute to make it competitive? Point me to a time I can tune in and rewatch where he does anything but land a few leg kicks, which maybe over time would do something but by that point had done nothing.

Sorry but this title fight was not competitive at all. Weidman took control from the opening bell right up until he KATFO.

14. Perrichet

Perrichet Tinpot Belt

Hilarious but true

15. PrincipeAdam

PrincipeAdam Black Belt

He will always be the guy who knocked Anderson Silva the fuck out. Same as Werdum and Serra.

16. bjjwar

bjjwar Brown Belt

WTH???Weidman landed 3 punches in his GnP and spent the rest of the fight backing up with Silva toying with him with his hands low lol

17. jjresq

jjresq Red Belt

it depends how he loses if he gets completely dominated and ko people would attributed his win to anderson fooling around

18. BORCAT

BORCAT Banned Banned

It's not 'if' Weidman loses to Anderson, it's 'when'

19. BORCAT

BORCAT Banned Banned

Joe Silva is smiling like he had $$$ on Weidman.

20. JKS

JKS 77+&--#rT....

That is him mounting offense....landing those kicks. He defended the takedowns and landed kicks. After the fight was up, there wasnt much that happend. Chris attempted takedowns which he didnt get....he was missing on most his strikes, for the exception of the ones where Anderson had his hands down. No one had control of the fight up until the KO