If Weidman loses to Anderson....

LONETRAVELER

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
will he ever get full credit for the win or will he just be considered lucky that Anderson was playing too much?

anderson haters will still proclaim weidman as the better fighter and say anderson's win in the second fight was "lucky"

anderson huggers will say anderson didnt fight to his full potential and the second fight is the true display of his skill

in reality, it depends on how the second fight goes. if anderson goes in there and pulls off a performance like franklin 1 or 2, people will look at the first fight a little differently although you cant take anything away from weidman winning. if anderson knocks him out after a round or two of a tough fight, a third fight is a must

Most Anderson fans have already decided that he was winning the first fight before it even started, and have already decided that he's won the second fight until proven otherwise.
So, basically, to answer your question: No

I don't know what will happen with Weidman, but I'll be doing this:

bernie-dance-o.gif

Chris outstruck, outgrappled and KTFO Anderson in less than 1 1/2 rounds. He was bankrupt, had his house destroyed by a hurricane and was coming off a year long layoff with 3 surgeries. And Anderson still had absolutely nothing for him. That was one of the most dominant title performances in the UFC.

you want the spin or fact TS?

Too many Anderson fans are already trying to set up the spin suggesting if Anderson dispatches Chris quick it is proof of a Serra type first win and he should not get a rematch nor credit for the first win.

Fact is if Anderson is to beat Chris (or JDS, Cain for that matter) it will almost certainly be via quick KO. He is a top striker whose chances of winning will go down if he takes tons of abuse from Chris, round over round.

So no, a quick KO would only prove what we all know and that is Anderson is the most dangerous striker at MW. I would still take Weidman in the rubber match.

Chris outstruck, outgrappled and KTFO Anderson in less than 1 1/2 rounds. He was bankrupt, had his house destroyed by a hurricane and was coming off a year long layoff with 3 surgeries. And Anderson still had absolutely nothing for him. That was one of the most dominant title performances in the UFC.

I wanted Silva to win but when I heard this I was happy Weidman won. He really derserved it.

Weidman haters on the 1st fight : He's just lucky.
Weidman haters if Weideman loses : That's the anderson we're talking about!

Yah...sure it was! I dont know what fight you were watching...one of the dumbest things i have read on here.

It will depend on how the fight goes. If it's an easy win for Silva then yes, Weidman will probably be seen as just lucky. If it's a good and close fight everyone will be calling for yet another rematch.

Back