If we all leave Leon alone, and never mention him, maybe he’ll just disappear

Haha. People love to hate man! I actually enjoy watching Leon fight. I'd like to see him and Masvidal fight someday though.
Props to you man. I appreciate his ability to dominate fights, but I can’t seem to not fall asleep watching him.

He really isn't wasting his career he just turned 29 and can be patient until the right opportunity presents itself.

Agreed. Look at what happened to Masvidal while he was sitting out. If he is in the position financially to bide his time, he might be presented with the right opportunity. Otherwise the UFC will keep feeding him people until the streak is over and justify not giving him a shot like Tony.

Oh I think Leon Edwards is a loser for doing that and in general.

But I think after what Masvidal did, 3-piece and a soda bit. That was a big factor pushing his fame and drawing power. But I think after doing that, you kind of have to fight the guy at some point.

That point is clearly after losing to Usman for the title. Now Masvidal is doing Nate-BMF-WWE plastic belt II? I could see Masvidal-Covington making sense before Edwards, but not BMF part two.

For Masvidal's bank account, awesome. For what's respectable and merit-based, let alone exciting in the fight world...nah.

The only loser here is you man, calling a top5 fighter a "loser" in a karate forum xD
Your AV suits you well btw

I thought Leon was having problems travelling due to covid-19

Props to you man. I appreciate his ability to dominate fights, but I can’t seem to not fall asleep watching him.

Yeah I can understand that. I'm just one of those fans that really doesn't dislike many (if any fights). I even liked Romero vs Adesanya (the first time watching it live at least).

Masvidal vs Leon should happen, grudge matches are always fun to watch, but the fight would be pointless when it comes to ranking. Neither of them have a solid record that warrants their ranking, they both need to fight an elite WW before being remotely close to getting a title shot. In Masvidal's case, it would be better for him to focus on money fights as we already know he has nothing to offer the elite, Leon has a lot to prove though.

You either have to generate massive interest, be one of the greats, or on the path to greatness to start calling shots. Past prime legends have some say for what they brought the sport as well

Conor, Khabib, Chimaev, Anderson Silva, etc. Shot callers

Leon Scott? lmao

Seems like dude is wasting his own career honestly.

This, the UFC has given him plenty of options including a title shot albeit a bit last minute. At this point he just needs to get back in there its been like a year since hes fought

Honestly leon edwards vs a bean bag chair is better than nothing. Like him or hate him he needs a match.

Why? He is the second best WW, imo. He beats both, Covington and Masvidal.

Colby's winning again, Burns is up there, Mas is still around, Zat's on the scene, Luque's still delivering madness, PMP's still getting attention - whatever slice of the pie the WW division gets, Leon's getting very little of it cause he hasn't done anything lately.

Don't hate the guy, but If he would just win one, he'd reboot his image a bit and get things back on track.

Back