If we all leave Leon alone, and never mention him, maybe he’ll just disappear

Edwards has been calling for a fight but no one seems to want to fight him. Except for Thompson recently. I am fine with that fight because Covington just fought and Masvidal seems to be angling for a fight with Nate. I do think the Masvidal fight makes the most sense given their history.
Only if colby flat out refuses to fight him.

Not to mention, Edwards actually turned down the chance to fight for the title at 251. sucks to suck.

He’s won 8-straight, kind of hard to ignore

Against who? A washed-up Cerrone? A has-been RDA? Fucking Gunnar Nelson?!?! I don't even know who most of the other fucking guys are.

And he already lost to Usman once before.

Pipe down little guy, you obviously don’t know what a sucker punch is...

TAKE NOTES SHERDOG: When you pull up accompanied by an entourage of lackeys to a guy simply doing his job, who’s never even mentioned you once, and THREATEN to cause him physical violence = You DESERVE to get smacked in the mouth.

That’s an act of thuggery, except Leon failed because he’s a fake British thug.

giphy.gif

If Masvidal didn't train at ATT you would be calling him a bitch, fact.

He's dodging Edwards it's obvious. But it's also not stupid. Leon Edwards has no name value and is a tough fight, might wrestlefuck-push Masvidal against a cage for most of the 15-25 mins too.

Leon Edwards is also a moron and sucks too, clearly he's turning down fights. Didn't he recently just turn one down? I think he fights Masvidal in a heartbeat though, would actually be a good fight because both are more like #6-12 guys at WW rather than elite contenders.

Pipe down little guy, you obviously don’t know what a sucker punch is...

TAKE NOTES SHERDOG: When you pull up accompanied by an entourage of lackeys to a guy simply doing his job, who’s never even mentioned you once, and THREATEN to cause him physical violence = You DESERVE to get smacked in the mouth.

That’s an act of thuggery, except Leon failed because he’s a fake British thug.

giphy.gif
What kind of smoothbrained nonsense is this? Fighters threaten to beat each other, in the cage, all the time. What they don't normally do is attack each other backstage

If Masvidal didn't train at ATT you would be calling him a bitch, fact.

He's dodging Edwards it's obvious. But it's also not stupid. Leon Edwards has no name value and is a tough fight, might wrestlefuck-push Masvidal against a cage for most of the 15-25 mins too.

Leon Edwards is also a moron and sucks too, clearly he's turning down fights. Didn't he recently just turn one down? I think he fights Masvidal in a heartbeat though, would actually be a good fight because both are more like #6-12 guys at WW rather than elite contenders.

So you think it’s okay to pull up with a group of lackeys and threaten to cause harm to a guy who’s by himself in the middle of doing his job?

The guy has nearly two decades in the game, finally has a breakout fight, and you wanna pull up with that thuggery?

Sorry bud, that’s called COWARDICE and there’s no way around that.

l@nd0

So you think it’s okay to pull up with a group of lackeys and threaten to cause harm to a guy who’s by himself in the middle of doing his job?

The guy has nearly two decades in the game, finally has a breakout fight, and you wanna pull up with that thuggery?

Sorry bud, that’s called COWARDICE and there’s no way around that.

l@nd0

Oh I think Leon Edwards is a loser for doing that and in general.

But I think after what Masvidal did, 3-piece and a soda bit. That was a big factor pushing his fame and drawing power. But I think after doing that, you kind of have to fight the guy at some point.

That point is clearly after losing to Usman for the title. Now Masvidal is doing Nate-BMF-WWE plastic belt II? I could see Masvidal-Covington making sense before Edwards, but not BMF part two.

For Masvidal's bank account, awesome. For what's respectable and merit-based, let alone exciting in the fight world...nah.

Against who?
Against who? A washed-up Cerrone? A has-been RDA? Fucking Gunnar Nelson?!?! I don't even know who most of the other fucking guys are.

And he already lost to Usman once before.

Gents, calm down. @Fatback96 you and I have a lot to the same opinions in MMA. I agree he’s boring and his Strength of Schedule is not that great, facts. But also facts, he has won 8 in a row and he’s in the mix.

Tough call on what to do with him at this point but he’s not just going to go away. Let’s think logically, he’s not a fan favorite so he won’t get a TS, one more high caliber win and I believe he is there. I think the fight to make is Edwards vs Colby or Masvidal. If he loses, he goes way down the list. If he wins, that’s 9-in a row, hard to deny a TS.

Oh I think Leon Edwards is a loser for doing that and in general.

But I think after what Masvidal did, 3-piece and a soda bit. That was a big factor pushing his fame and drawing power. But I think after doing that, you kind of have to fight the guy at some point.

That point is clearly after losing to Usman for the title. Now Masvidal is doing Nate-BMF-WWE plastic belt II? I could see Masvidal-Covington making sense before Edwards, but not BMF part two.

For Masvidal's bank account, awesome. For what's respectable and merit-based, let alone exciting in the fight world...nah.

I’d agree with you if Jorge had engaged in the smack talk or even mentioned Leon... but he didn’t. That dude has done it the right way: clean, professional, Anti Doping advocate, grinded through the minor leagues, and competed in the sport before it even came close to gaining any notoriety... Some random guy like Leon on the undercard of his first Main Event was the last thing on his mind.

As for his career plans, there’s not a lot of guys left in the sport who have been competing since 2003, I’m not against the guy making money out of a sport he’s given everything to. Not to mention the guy fought Usman with less than a weeks notice half way across the world... there’s not a lot of guys willing to do that let alone people with star power.

Besides, I don’t think that Nate fight is gonna happen. I think it’s gonna be Colby vs Mas and it’s gonna be a huge draw.

Gents, calm down. @Fatback96 you and I have a lot to the same opinions in MMA. I agree he’s boring and his Strength of Schedule is not that great, facts. But also facts, he has won 8 in a row and he’s in the mix.

Tough call on what to do with him at this point but he’s not just going to go away. Let’s think logically, he’s not a fan favorite so he won’t get a TS, one more high caliber win and I believe he is there. I think the fight to make is Edwards vs Colby or Masvidal. If he loses, he goes way down the list. If he wins, that’s 9-in a row, hard to deny a TS.

He's not getting the Okami treatment. He already turned down a TS making excuses and blaming Covid. He doesn't even deserve a Colby fight. No one knows who he is so the UFC loses nothing by pretending he doesn't exist. They could cut him tomorrow and most people wouldn't even blink.

He called them out, yes. But sitting out doesn’t work well when your last 2 wins age poorly. All I’m saying is he’s disappearing because everyone forgot about him already. UFC promotes on hype.
quite the opposite.
he is not getting any fights because the other fighters remember him and are afraid of him derailing their dreams of a title shot.
That's why you see guys like Masvidal quietly declining to fight him, after jumping him and talking trash.

Yes, he had to sit out due to the pandemic, but that's hardly his fault.
But you changing the narrative like he is refusing anyone who's not the champion is beyond dishonest.

Heck, I don't like him myself, but you gotta give him his dues. Of all top contenders, he is the most dangerous one.

Yeah, because he'd be the first fighter to ever refuse a fight while publicly acting bad ass by calling fighters out. he needs to shut the fuck up and just take a fight.
Yes, because you just KNOW what happens, so you make these accusations, right?

No, kid. YOU are the one who needs to STFU and stop lying.

It is clear that the other top contenders are walking around him because he is a dangerous opponent.
It is on the UFC to demand a fighter to face him.

Yes, because you just KNOW what happens, so you make these accusations, right?

No, kid. YOU are the one who needs to STFU and stop lying.

It is clear that the other top contenders are walking around him because he is a dangerous opponent.
It is on the UFC to demand a fighter to face him.

the dude openly turned down the title fight at 251.

it's not the UFC's job to do anything and he's not a dangerous opponent lol

clown show

the dude openly turned down the title fight at 251.

it's not the UFC's job to do anything and he's not a dangerous opponent lol

clown show
LOL

You are just trying too hard to be a hater.
Which is fine, as you don't have to have a good reason to hate anyone.

But please don't try to convince people of your stupidity. It only exposes how brainless you are.

Back