If we all leave Leon alone, and never mention him, maybe he’ll just disappear

Fatback96

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
All Leon does is turn down fights and hope he gets the title shots or favorable matchups. The problem is, his last 2 wins (Cerrone and RDA) aged HORRIBLY.

If you’re banking on those wins to warrant a title shot or anyone in the top 5, don’t wait on that. Sitting out is just going to make you disappear into irrelevance.

So here’s my advice to Dana and the MMA community:

Ignore him and he’ll disappear. Sitting out only works if you are undeniably warranted a title shot. Best way to call his bluff is to just pretend he doesn’t exist until he comes begging for fights.
source.gif

All Leon does is turn down fights and hope he gets the title shots or favorable matchups. The problem is, his last 2 wins (Cerrone and RDA) aged HORRIBLY.

If you’re banking on those wins to warrant a title shot or anyone in the top 5, don’t wait on that. Sitting out is just going to make you disappear into irrelevance.

So here’s my advice to Dana and the MMA community:

Ignore him and he’ll disappear. Sitting out only works if you are undeniably warranted a title shot. Best way to call his bluff is to just pretend he doesn’t exist until he comes begging for fights.
source.gif
That's already happening.
And no, he is not the one refusing to fight.
Matter of fact, he called out plenty of the top 5 fighters. They are the ones trying hard to ignore him, exactly because he is the most dangerous top guy in the list (besides burns).

So please get your facts straight.

Matter of fact, he called out plenty of the top 5 fighters. They are the ones trying hard to ignore him.

He called them out, yes. But sitting out doesn’t work well when your last 2 wins age poorly. All I’m saying is he’s disappearing because everyone forgot about him already. UFC promotes on hype.

You just made a thread about him.

He needs to fight Wonderboy. It'll probably be a boring staring contest/feint fest but I'll enjoy the chess match, and if he can get by Wonderboy he deserves a title shot IMO. I have a feeling Wonderboy will outsrike him though and he will fade to obscurity.

He called them out, yes. But sitting out doesn’t work well when your last 2 wins age poorly. All I’m saying is he’s disappearing because everyone forgot about him already. UFC promotes on hype.
People duck him. It's not his fault. Who's he supposed to fight? Jake Matthews? I'm sure he'd agree to fight leon. Colby and jorge seem scared shitless imo. I'm certain usman and burns would want that smoke. But jorge and masvidal acting like they don't know him, not a good look. Jorge looks pathetic pursuing nate. Pathetic. Also you can't ignore him because he's one of the best. Hype is important but you can't bury talent like this. Not forever. Also your faves will look less than legit if they keep avoiding leon.

Edwards probably sucks. Fuck it.

Dude has beaten no one. I think he beats Masvidal, but I also think Masvidal sucks. And by sucks I mean neither is elite / top 5 material really.

Masvidal lost to Thompson and Maia then went on a lucky run. He loses decisively to Usman, Burns, Covington, Woodley, probably Edwards, probably Magny, and he probably loses to Wonderboy and Maia again. Is he really deserving of the top 5 spot?

I know this thread is about Edwards but Masvidal is a fraud too. People hate on McGregor for example for not fighting, but what is Masvidal doing?

As for Edwards, who even fucking knows. He beat Luque 3 years ago, and his only notable wins are Cerrone and RDA outside of that. Gunner Nelson too I guess. What does that mean? Dude doesn't even fight. He probably gets steamrolled by the top 3 guys, maybe he can beat Woodley just based on style but maybe not.

I genuinely think Neil Magny could easily beat Edwards and Masvidal.

From masvidal yes
Sucker punching a guy in front cameras, refusing to acknowledge him and then fighting a mediocre af nate, not once but twice. He's scared of Leon. Not "scared" in the conventional sense (monster under my bed shit), but he'll do whatever he can to avoid him. It's absolutely fucking pathetic. Dana white is failing the fans because that's a hype fight and if jorge is about that life, he'd take leon and beat him, but he wants to fight nate. I'd understand if he fought luque, chiesa, wb rematch, colby or someone else. But nate!?

Edwards has been calling for a fight but no one seems to want to fight him. Except for Thompson recently. I am fine with that fight because Covington just fought and Masvidal seems to be angling for a fight with Nate. I do think the Masvidal fight makes the most sense given their history.

I stopped caring the second this Leon guy spent MONTHS talking smack to Woodley, then wouldn’t hop on the plane to go fight him.

Did the same against Jorge, only to get smacked in the mouth.

This Leon guy is irrelevant. A textbook cautionary tale of when keeping it real goes wrong.

337B893D-2B07-47F9-8C0A-B71832B9CF6B.jpeg

Sucker punching a guy in front cameras, refusing to acknowledge him and then fighting a mediocre af nate, not once but twice. He's scared of Leon. Not "scared" in the conventional sense (monster under my bed shit), but he'll do whatever he can to avoid him. It's absolutely fucking pathetic. Dana white is failing the fans because that's a hype fight and if jorge is about that life, he'd take leon and beat him, but he wants to fight nate. I'd understand if he fought luque, chiesa, wb rematch, colby or someone else. But nate!?

Pipe down little guy, you obviously don’t know what a sucker punch is...

TAKE NOTES SHERDOG: When you pull up accompanied by an entourage of lackeys to a guy simply doing his job, who’s never even mentioned you once, and THREATEN to cause him physical violence = You DESERVE to get smacked in the mouth.

That’s an act of thuggery, except Leon failed because he’s a fake British thug.

giphy.gif

Matter of fact, he called out plenty of the top 5 fighters. They are the ones trying hard to ignore him, exactly because he is the most dangerous top guy in the list (besides burns).

Yeah, because he'd be the first fighter to ever refuse a fight while publicly acting bad ass by calling fighters out. he needs to shut the fuck up and just take a fight.

Back