If we added up the scores by round, Sandhagen would have won the fight.

Dumbest argument yet, TS. No offense.

“After the contest let’s find some obscure statistical hack to try to show fighter x should have won….”

TJ got 8 10 rounds total and Cory got 7, no? Why didn’t you pick that statistical hack? Because it doesn’t give you the preconceived answer you were looking for. But if it had - and your hack didn’t - then you would have gone with mine for a “solution” to scoring today in this thread.

BTW I’m a big Mousasi fan, and I said the same thing to all the dingbats who tried to say Mousasi should have beat Jardine (which he would have using both your hack and mine). They were idiots, you’re being an idiot, and I’m being consistent.

Last edited:
Sandhagen didn't do a lot on the feet either though. I could've gone both ways but in my opinion the clinch control gave it to TJ.
I dont understand how a guy stopping a takedown from occurring isn't more "effective grappling" than a guy failing to secure a takedown he attempts

TJ did absolutely nothing but stall whenever he took Sandhagens back

I dont understand how a guy stopping a takedown from occurring isn't more "effective grappling" than a guy failing to secure a takedown he attempts

TJ did absolutely nothing but stall whenever he took Sandhagens back
Ya, frustrating isn’t it?

And that’s been debated for ages. Diego Sanchez (early in his career) once went something like 0-14 in round 1 once, and two judges gave the round to him. And Couture held Vera against a fence for about 14 minutes and won. State officials eventually came out and said that yes, officially, that’s indeed how grappling scoring works.

Those examples were before the 2011 and 2018 Unified Rules changes of course, but I don’t think those changed that.

Back