If Vitor did fail the test...

I was wondering, what does this imply? People believe Vitor failed the surprise drug test which is why he hasn't disclosed the results.

Does that mean he was above the allowed limits on TRT? Or does it mean the NSAC doesn't allow him to be on any TRT at all?

Vitor didn't have a license in Nevada when they tested him. If he was licensed, they could have disclosed the results. It's safe to say that he failed the test and his test levels were through the roof since he decided not to apply right after. They wouldn't have licensed him based on the result.

The NSAC was essentially trying to stop Vitor before it became a big legal battle. He was going to apply for a license for the Weidman fight and they caught him before he applied. If they didn't catch him, they were going to have a fight on their hands because they said they wouldn't give him a TUE due to his past drug failure. Soon after, TRT was banned outright to keep a situation like that from happening again.

Since he's off TRT now, it's going to be interesting to see if they license him. I expect they will but he's going to get hit with a lot of surprise tests to make sure he is clean. He'll likely receive a conditional license like Overeem.

I'm curious to know if after he receives his license if the past test can be made public.

Vitor did not have a TRT exemption, but seeing that he had not yet applied for one I don't thing the results of that test (if positive) should be held against him from getting a license in NV.

I may be confused, but isn't that more or less what happened with Chael?

Vitor didn't have a license in Nevada when they tested him. If he was licensed, they could have disclosed the results. It's safe to say that he failed the test and his test levels were through the roof since he decided not to apply right after. They wouldn't have licensed him based on the result.

The NSAC was essentially trying to stop Vitor before it became a big legal battle. He was going to apply for a license for the Weidman fight and they caught him before he applied. If they didn't catch him, they were going to have a fight on their hands because they said they wouldn't give him a TUE due to his past drug failure. Soon after, TRT was banned outright to keep a situation like that from happening again.

Since he's off TRT now, it's going to be interesting to see if they license him. I expect they will but he's going to get hit with a lot of surprise tests to make sure he is clean. He'll likely receive a conditional license like Overeem.

I'm curious to know if after he receives his license if the past test can be made public.

so it's quite possible he's in the same situation AO was, and Barnett before him (in CA). the Barnett situation is probably more similar than AO, except that being in a different AC makes it not so.

my guess is he'll have to kowtow to a hearing and lower his head, say "yes ma'am, no sir" until he gets licensed. unlike Nick Diaz who was incapable or unwilling to do so.

Was it "inconsistent with human urine" type of shenanigans? It would make sense, since Vitor admitted to having a heart of a lion, eyes of a gazelle, and the tail of a newt, etc.

I think these TRT guys, & many of the fighters in general are still going to take testosterone, they are just going to have to be careful not to go overboard, they may keep it down to hits of 125 milligrams or so rather than 250 or 500 so as to stay under the radar

I think these TRT guys, & many of the fighters in general are still going to take testosterone, they are just going to have to be careful not to go overboard, they may keep it down to hits of 125 milligrams or so rather than 250 or 500 so as to stay under the radar

maybe.

then again, maybe they'll make em go through special testing, like AO.

and maybe that testing will including Isotope Ratio Mass Spectroscopy.

then again, maybe everyone should be in the first damn place...

if he failed the test being way over on ratio all he needs to do is have a doctor say he took his trt x hours before the test.

if he failed it for other things then i dunno.

if he failed the test being way over on ratio all he needs to do is have a doctor say he took his trt x hours before the test.

if he failed it for other things then i dunno.
this guy gets it. pharmacology excuses 101

I was wondering, what does this imply? People believe Vitor failed the surprise drug test which is why he hasn't disclosed the results.

Does that mean he was above the allowed limits on TRT? Or does it mean the NSAC doesn't allow him to be on any TRT at all?

We don't know if Vitor 'failed' his random drug test since the NSAC didn't disclose the results nor are they releasing it to the public in Feb. Why would the NSAC allow Vitor to proceed with the fight after 'failing' the drug test?

....this is how I would have failed it

images

I like this. Matter of fact the first line of his new contract should read:

"Mr Belfort,
By completing and signing a license application to compete in the state of Nevada you hereby agree to release all test results collected by the NSAC, past or present while licensed or unlicensed as public information."

:icon_twis

it means that the result was so ridiculous and obvious that he was abusing the shit out of his trt, that they did not want it to ever happen again and they banned trt for the entire sport. then vitor had to stop his request to even be licensed as a professional fighter

an analogy would be using the internet for non-work in an office. everyone does it to an extent, and only when appropriate, so the bosses could overlook it. then one asshole plays youtube videos at full volume and skypes the entire workday, forcing the boss to put in firewalls and restrictions. then that guy who ruined the gravy train for everyone complains that hes being discriminated against because everyone else was going on facebook for 5 minutes a day

How can you say that?

Vitor is a good Christian. Therefore, he would never lie or cheat.

He was not licensed, so the NSAC can not test him for being on TRT. That means any failure would have to mean he was abusing TRT, and above normal T levels.

He obviously failed, he was obviously abusing steroids, again, and he never should have been on TRT to begin with.

Vitor got TRT banned by being a steroid cheat.

We don't know if Vitor 'failed' his random drug test since the NSAC didn't disclose the results nor are they releasing it to the public in Feb. Why would the NSAC allow Vitor to proceed with the fight after 'failing' the drug test?

He was not licensed. That means any talk about the test publicly is a HIPAA violation and is a SERIOUS crime.

They did not allow him to proceed with the fight. He dropped out, remember? Lyoto is fighting now.

I may be confused, but isn't that more or less what happened with Chael?

No. Chael's situation is a bit different, and what happened isn't quite clear. At the end of the day Chael got licensed, did not apply for a TUE, and was on TRT.

The reason his violation is less than the normal steroid abuse case is that Chael was already diagnosed as having low T before starting TRT, and it was before he got licensed.

Chael would have had no problem getting a TUE, so either there was miscommunication, or Chael did not want to fight Silva with low T and rolled the dice. It really is a perplexing situation.

No. Chael's situation is a bit different, and what happened isn't quite clear. At the end of the day Chael got licensed, did not apply for a TUE, and was on TRT.

The reason his violation is less than the normal steroid abuse case is that Chael was already diagnosed as having low T before starting TRT, and it was before he got licensed.

Chael would have had no problem getting a TUE, so either there was miscommunication, or Chael did not want to fight Silva with low T and rolled the dice. It really is a perplexing situation.

So Chael was busted for being on TRT without a TUE, but would have been and eventually was granted a TUE? That is a pretty sloppy reason on his part to earn a suspension, because it is essentially a paperwork mistake.

Why would the NSAC allow Vitor to proceed with the fight after 'failing' the drug test?

What makes you think the NSAC would have done any such thing? Did the NSAC say he was cleared to fight or grant him a license?

Vitor dropped out of the fight. Knowing he would not be licensed after failing the test is a pretty good motive for dropping out of a title fight and not much else is.

So Chael was busted for being on TRT without a TUE, but would have been and eventually was granted a TUE? That is a pretty sloppy reason on his part to earn a suspension, because it is essentially a paperwork mistake.

It really was. My best guess is he was worried he would get denied and was willing to risk it rather than file, get denied, and have to fight the biggest fight of his career on low T.

Really dumb.

What makes you think the NSAC would have done any such thing? Did the NSAC say he was cleared to fight or grant him a license?

Vitor dropped out of the fight. Knowing he would not be licensed after failing the test is a pretty good motive for dropping out of a title fight and not much else is.

Exactly. The NSAC even said they would have released the results IF Vitor asked to be be licensed for that fight.

Then Vitor dropped out .. then he said he did not drop out the UFC took him out ... then he admitted the UFC did not take him out and he did drop out.

Once Weidman/Machida happens the NSAC can never reveal his test results. Vitor can, and refuses to do so. In a recent interview when it was brought up his wife said Vitor would not answer that and ended the interview.

I'm sorry, but what exactly could the reason be he hasnt disclosed it? It seems like a thing where he would have everything to gain by proving he is clean (atleast this time).

Keep on roiding Vitor, Cheesus will surely forgive you.

Back