If Vitor beats Bisping does Weidman get title shot?

Goldentrophy

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
If Vitor defeats Bisping would that guarantee the next mw titleshot for Weidman? Boetsch and Belcher are out of the running and a Anderson rematch vs Okami or Belfort wouldn't be in demand by fans and Costa hasn't done enough imo.

No one gets a title shot because Silva will deem them all unworthy (and rightfully so)

Edit: Durp... nobody saw that post right?

Weidman needs to actually beat someone relevant in the MW division.

i'd hope for vitor vs lombard before another title shot

Beating Munoz, A Maia who forgot how to BJJ and Tom Lawlor does not a #1 contender make.

Weidman needs to beat 2 of Belfort, Okami, Sonnen (If he returns to MW ever), Lombard or Bisping to be in contention for the belt.

One could argue the same about Bisping. (And I don't mind the guy). But I guess that's what the Vitor fight is for...

Beating Munoz, A Maia who forgot how to BJJ and Tom Lawlor does not a #1 contender make.

Weidman needs to beat 2 of Belfort, Okami, Sonnen (If he returns to MW ever), Lombard or Bisping to be in contention for the belt.

First fighter to ever need four top five wins to get a title.

Shit like that is just laughable.

Beating Jason Day, Charles McCarthy, Dan Miller, Jorge Rivera, and Brian Stann does not make a # 1 Contender.

Bisping needs to beat 2 of Belfort, Okami, Lombard, or Weidman to be in contention for the belt.

FYI, Sonnen is 240 right now, he's never fighting at middleweight again.

No Alan Belcher does, that's how it works.

Not if Anderson can help it!
Or Anderson fans who will argue against it nonsensically.

Whoever he beats will become non relevant the day Weidman beats him a per Anderson fan history.

Prior to their loses you same Anderson fans were throwing out names like Belcher and even Palharas as better wins then Maia and Munoz. Fact is if he beat Maia, Munoz, Belcher, Palharas and Boetsch you same scared Anderson fans would say none of them were that good and he still needs to beat a relevant MW.

Dana is not a dummy he knows the fight game very well and knows Weidman has all the tools needed to beating Silva. The UFC has put a lot of time and money into promoting Silva as the GOAT and wouldn't want it to end fighting Weidman.

i dont give two shits who gets it i just want anderson kicking someone's ass, cause neither one of those 3 would take that belt from the spider.

lol.

But Lombard is right on the doorstep with a loss to Boetsch and win over Palharas in his last two.

And bisping is right there with a loss to Sonnen and win over Stann in his last two.

On top of Weidmans 2 top 5 wins he needs at least two more top 10 wins over Belfort and Okami.

The Anderson fan terror should just be laughed off the boards except for the fact that Dana seems to be agreeing with them.

Back